Skwerl's new cabin

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Here's a Google street view picture of the place. Gives a better idea of the depth of the lot. The back yard is just as deep as the front yard, the lot is 300' deep total.

street20view.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
No, central Florida (as it says under my avatar).
I'm currently in Seminole County, this house is in Orange County.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I never look at the forum on the comouter. Always from phone. Location doesnt show. Sorry.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I just use the regular page on my phone. Never cared for tapatalk

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did they counter?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
sounds like they just said no and didnt make much of a reply from his post

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
No counter offer, the Realtor just said it was rejected.

I thought of another angle. I'm dealing with Fannie May which means some office drone pushing a pencil checking off the appropriate boxes. Common sense does not apply. When Fannie May lists a property on the MLS they typically drop the price after a certain amount of time. This house had a $10K price drop at 33 days (just after 30 days) and has been on the market for 56 days. I think if I wait a week before submitting another offer I might get one more box checked off.

Also it is a 'HomePath' property which means Fannie May wants to sell it to an owner/occupant, not an investor. But it cannot finance so that means you need a cash buyer and who has $100K in cash besides investors? I'm going to bump my offer by $5 per square foot (about $7K) and try again at the end of next week.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The Realtor just called me and said that the reason my offer was rejected was because they could not read the lead based paint addendum. Instead of simply emailing back and asking him to re-scan that form, they just rejected the offer. The Realtor is going to resubmit the offer again tomorrow, I'm still in the hunt.

And he agreed with my speculation that if I do have to make another offer that waiting for the listing to surpass 60 days made sense. But for right now we're sticking with my original $60 per square foot offer.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The house next to it looks nice. Is it a pretty good area?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
It's a fantastic area, I don't deserve to live there. I'm hoping to sneak in before anybody realizes I'm a tree cutter.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
It's a fantastic area, I don't deserve to live there. I'm hoping to sneak in before anybody realizes I'm a tree cutter.

tree cutter; translation: bottom feeder

HAHAHA!
Just messing, bro.
I know all to well how it feels with having financing probs because you're self-employed.
I'm in the same boat.

Side note...I'm thinking about coming to Daytona for Bike Week. How far are you from there?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm about 35 miles away. In fact I was trimming trees at Daytona airport right next door to the speedway on Wednesday.

Bike week and the week of the Daytona 500 are a nightmare, I avoid Daytona when all the crazies are in town. :nana1:

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I'm about 35 miles away. In fact I was trimming trees at Daytona airport right next door to the speedway on Wednesday.

Bike week and the week of the Daytona 500 are a nightmare, I avoid Daytona when all the crazies are in town. :nana1:

35 miles?
That's it?
Want to rent a bedroom?
LOL

Anyway, I was thinking if I come, we could meet up, head over to BMR and make Kelly buy us lunch. I'll keep you up to date on my decision.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I went to school in Daytona many years ago. Bike week is the worst, even back then, beach side got really crazy. Good luck on the second try.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back