Skwerl's New Hot Rod part 2

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
They came with the FRPP suspension kit but they were identical to the stock ones. I just shaved the top ring off the rear stops so they wouldn't bottom. The front ones were installed on the struts.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Holy cow! It's been over 10 months since I posted in this thread. Been busy with the new house, selling the old house and the car has not been much of a priority. It's a nice car and I like it, but I'm not in love with it like I was with the Bullitt. I don't turn around and look at it when walking away from it in a parking lot. I've done absolutely nothing to it since my last post in this thread.

Current mileage just turned 15K miles so I'm about due for my third oil change. I was talking with Justin last week about getting a HELOC so I can continue addressing a few bigger repairs/upgrades on the house, and if I do then I just may go ahead and drop a TVS in the car.

Justin said that he's teaching one of his mechanics Joe about tuning and he could use a test mule to practice on. WOT is pretty easy but there are hundreds of parameters that affect driveability. I told him I'd be honored to have Joe practice on my car. I could drop it off and let him keep it for a week or two if he needed. They have plenty of cars there to lend me one while Joe is working on mine (as I was eyeing the new GT350).

So I'm hitting the bank tomorrow to see if they want to give me a line of credit on my house. Even though I've only been here 5 months, my mortgage balance is 116K and Zillow shows my house to be worth about 208K. I want to replace the windows and roof, then possibly repave the dirt driveway all the way out to the road.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian car looks great congratulations yet again. I will be following the "I'm not going to push it quite so far" build to see how long it takes you to waiver from the straight and narrow path! lol

Scott, you're a terrible influence on me!
Shane, yes. It looks like the tubing from a small shop vac. The first link posted by ford20 shows the sound tubing.

Holy cow! It's been over 10 months since I posted in this thread. Been busy with the new house, selling the old house and the car has not been much of a priority. It's a nice car and I like it, but I'm not in love with it like I was with the Bullitt. I don't turn around and look at it when walking away from it in a parking lot. I've done absolutely nothing to it since my last post in this thread.

Current mileage just turned 15K miles so I'm about due for my third oil change. I was talking with Justin last week about getting a HELOC so I can continue addressing a few bigger repairs/upgrades on the house, and if I do then I just may go ahead and drop a TVS in the car.

Justin said that he's teaching one of his mechanics Joe about tuning and he could use a test mule to practice on. WOT is pretty easy but there are hundreds of parameters that affect driveability. I told him I'd be honored to have Joe practice on my car. I could drop it off and let him keep it for a week or two if he needed. They have plenty of cars there to lend me one while Joe is working on mine (as I was eyeing the new GT350).

So I'm hitting the bank tomorrow to see if they want to give me a line of credit on my house. Even though I've only been here 5 months, my mortgage balance is 116K and Zillow shows my house to be worth about 208K. I want to replace the windows and roof, then possibly repave the dirt driveway all the way out to the road.

Brain I am very impressed, one year and five months before things are going to start to get interesting! Well done my friend and best of luck with the build. Coyotes make wicked power!

BTW, would be awsome if you were able to slip into the GT350 as a loaner. lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I haven't done anything yet, just considering it. And you are still a terrible influence on me, Scott. Your build was my inspiration for most of the mods on my Bullitt. What you've done with your car is amazing.

I still stand by my statement in the first post of this thread that I'm not looking to turn this car into a race car like the Bullitt. I agree with Bruce's observation that the 500-550hp range is optimal for a street car and going past that you begin to have to work harder at controlling the power. I love driving fast but I also have to honestly examine my limitations as well as traction limitations.

The other side is that I will always have the ability to crank up the power to stupid levels if I ever decide to.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
And yet another year has passed. Been over two years since I've done anything with the car other than drive it and change the oil. Been very happy with the VMP tune, enough so that I don't really feel the overwhelming desire to drop a blower on it (yet).

However, I did come across some Boss wheels that Cam (gallopingford) was selling and convinced him to ship them to me. He wasn't happy about it but he did it after getting stood up by yet another Craigslist shopper. I got them today and I think they are gorgeous! They are 19"x10" so I can go wider with the tires. My stock CS wheels are 19"x9". I would have preferred 18" wheels just because tires are less expensive and I don't like the ultra low profile look, but I think these will work out great. I really like the polished center better than my stock wheels.

IMG_3397.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

Looking at tires on Tire Rack, trying to figure out the differences. The Continental Extreme Contact DW are no longer available. They have a new replacement but I'm also looking at Michelins. This is where I'm getting confused. I know the Pilot Sport is the one I want but there are several variations. The Pilot Super Sport is the top rated and also on sale but there is the Pilot Sport PS2, Pilot Sport 3, Pilot Sport 4S, Pilot Sport PS2 ZP and Pilot Super Sport ZP. WTF?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats on the wheels! they'll look great on a Sterling Gray GT, like I said, lol

Last edited:

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

Looking at tires on Tire Rack, trying to figure out the differences. The Continental Extreme Contact DW are no longer available. They have a new replacement but I'm also looking at Michelins. This is where I'm getting confused. I know the Pilot Sport is the one I want but there are several variations. The Pilot Super Sport is the top rated and also on sale but there is the Pilot Sport PS2, Pilot Sport 3, Pilot Sport 4S, Pilot Sport PS2 ZP and Pilot Super Sport ZP. WTF?

MPSS is a 300tw tire great on the road and track in all weather besides freezing. The PS2 is a softer tire. Like extreme summer tire (200 tw maybe). The PS4s is the replacement for the PILOT SUPER SPORT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
those will be a nice upgrade, congrats Brian

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Like the others have said, those are going to be a big improvement. Hurry up with the pics!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Selling the old wheels will take some sting out of the switch. Nice.

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of 18s with good tires Ill sell yea. lol I still have my tsw's for sale. Im like Cam I dont want to have the hassle of shipping a set of wheels and tires but I may have to since they have been sitting in my garage for a year and half. But nice upgrade!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks, but a little late now. The tires already shipped.

I think this may be the first step in applying more power. Been afraid to add more power with the tires currently on the car, especially in light of what I did to the Bullitt. But with an 11.2" wide contact on all four corners I might have a little bit more grip. :snoopy

Last edited:

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, but a little late now. The tires already shipped.

I think this may be the first step in applying more power. Been afraid to add more power with the tires currently on the car, especially in light of what I did to the Bullitt. But with an 11.2" wide contact on all four corners I might have a little bit more grip. :snoopy

Darn lol. I also have set of weld RT with M/T et streets for when you add that power lol

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And yet another year has passed. Been over two years since I've done anything with the car other than drive it and change the oil. Been very happy with the VMP tune, enough so that I don't really feel the overwhelming desire to drop a blower on it (yet).

However, I did come across some Boss wheels that Cam (gallopingford) was selling and convinced him to ship them to me. He wasn't happy about it but he did it after getting stood up by yet another Craigslist shopper. I got them today and I think they are gorgeous! They are 19"x10" so I can go wider with the tires. My stock CS wheels are 19"x9". I would have preferred 18" wheels just because tires are less expensive and I don't like the ultra low profile look, but I think these will work out great. I really like the polished center better than my stock wheels.

IMG_3397.jpg

Those will look damn good on your car with the grey. I think the bigger wheel will look even better to.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Shaggy, the new wheels are the same diameter. Just wider.

Tires came in today. :snoopy
Took the first two down to my buddy's shop to mount them. Put them on the back of the car. I'll take the other two along with two old wheels down tomorrow to swap sensors and mount them.

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back