Slammed on 19's, post your pics.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Wheels are everything, its like you can a nice suit and some fugged up azz shoes it messes the whole outfit up.. Ijs

I'm just saying I haven't seen many people with stupidly expensive wheels on here. I'm all for affordable wheels, it was just a remark. I just know that import guys like to spend more on wheels than most guys on here, as far as i know.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wheels are everything, its like you can a nice suit and some fugged up azz shoes it messes the whole outfit up.. Ijs

Thats a retarded statement. Wheels are NOT everything...:roflmao:..Says the guy with fucking 22's and a damn boy racer body kit..gtfo..

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn Billy, no reason to be so mean. But yeah anything boyracer or 22's doesnt belong on a mustang. just my .02

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn Billy, no reason to be so mean. But yeah anything boyracer or 22's doesnt belong on a mustang. just my .02

Not being mean..The dude is talking shit..Fuck him and his 22's and fast and furious body kit:roflmao:

racerxdetroit

forum member
Reaction score
Not being mean..The dude is talking shit..Fuck him and his 22's and fast and furious body kit:roflmao:
Fuck you ass hole!! Im not talking about 22's only bitches I mean wheels in general, wheel can make or kill a car thats why we buy them cause they look good. we all have our likes and dislikes, as always you have some bitch ass wanna attack you for voicing a opinion. I like good looking cars because to me most cars are not fast when you ride a 8.5 second motorcycle with a top speed of 221MPH. I like my kit wheels and my Mustang I paid cash for, Some of you guys are some real bitches and I don't hide behind a PC to insult someone for a opinion.. l will be at Mustang and MRT's open house if your local and have a problem that needs to be dealt with in person.. :kma:

racerxdetroit

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just saying I haven't seen many people with stupidly expensive wheels on here. I'm all for affordable wheels, it was just a remark. I just know that import guys like to spend more on wheels than most guys on here, as far as i know.[

People buy what the can afford weather it wheels or a blower if thats what they want and thats real talk..

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuck you ass hole!! Im not talking about 22's only bitches I mean wheels in general, wheel can make or kill a car thats why we buy them cause they look good. we all have our likes and dislikes, as always you have some bitch ass wanna attack you for voicing a opinion. I like good looking cars because to me most cars are not fast when you ride a 8.5 second motorcycle with a top speed of 221MPH. I like my kit wheels and my Mustang I paid cash for, Some of you guys are some real bitches and I don't hide behind a PC to insult someone for a opinion.. l will be at Mustang and MRT's open house if your local and have a problem that needs to be dealt with in person.. :kma:
buwhahahahaahahahahaha:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

nitrobob

forum member
Reaction score
Need to put a sixer bumper on that beast so you don't have the ability to add another 6 lb. fart can on the otherside. Just messing with ya...

Car has a nice stance and like the gold on black.

i-sense-butthurt.jpg

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
^got a gt500 bumper I'm murdering instead to put on there which should really throw people off:roflmao:
Thanks for the compliment though I just added the white c-stripes today and they really make the cars theme pop:clap:
Love your drag setup btw man&your avatar i'm sorry what we're we talking about again?

Last edited:

EVS6351

Reaction score
It's not that it's limited on the 19, it's that people don't want to pay a ton of money for non-mass produced wheels. Also, if you thinka bout it, there aren't even that many wheel designs to begin with that look all that different.

A mesh style looks like any other mesh style if you dont look carefully. a 5 spoke will be a 5 spoke, so on and so forth. On top of that, the fitment sucks on the mustang, we have to run high offsets.

You nailed it with this one!!!!

Wouldn't necessarily say fitment "sucks", just difficult. Lol! It takes a lot of time and effort to find the right setup. Then wheel selection becomes a bit more limited. I've been down that road... Ended up going with a custom offset wheel which might look like another 5 spoke but i'm really happy with the results and is totally worth it!

All that said, It is easier and cheaper when one can just buy mass produced wheels (typically not 19s anyway) with an offset that is made for our cars... That's probably why you see a lot of the same wheels. Having different wheels from the next guy just isn't important to everyone...

Now let's see more pics!

blown88coupe

forum member
Reaction score
Will post mine when I get them back from powder coating. Hopefully tomorrow have not able to drive the car for a week now and it is killing me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ImpatientS197

Reaction score
Here is my 2012 lowered on H&R SuperSports with the Brembo Package 19" wheels.

img1278ss.jpg

img1277k.jpg

WytHorse

forum member
Reaction score
Those look really nice, but I'm still not convinced that a TRUE real coilover is needed on this car. Putting all that pressure on a shock mount that isn't made for it just doesnt sit right with me

A true coilover does have its benefits, however I agree with you that putting all the force on something that was only intended to be a shock mount doesn't sit well with me..
In fact, it doesn't sit well with racers either....if you look in the back of a race prepped mustang (specifically a Boss 302S) that has real coilovers....you'll see this....

DSCN0381.jpg

WytHorse

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, I think the Saleen Heritage wheels are a really classic look. I picked up my set when Saleen had their fire sale after the bankruptcy. They only had a few sets of the Gurney Edition wheels and I figured they would be a unique wheel to get. Other than my car, I have only seen a picture of one other non-Saleen Mustang with the Gurney Edition wheels.

Well, how about I make that 2 pictures? :rock:

I happen to agree with you...when I saw the Dan Gurney car for the first time (saw it on a show room floor) I fell in love with these wheels....Better pics in the future, but for now

Setup:
factory "Brembo" lift kit
19x9 all around, running the stock 255/40 Pirelli's....going to 275/40 next...

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

ImpatientS197

Reaction score
Have any better pics from the side profile? Hows the ride with those springs?

Looks really nice from that angle.

I'll take a picture of the side profile tomorrow and upload it. The ride is significantly improved and overall looks way better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back