SMS red butterfly hood installed today

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
X2 for that, looks like a lambo orange almost.

It's just HoK Tangelo. Pretty generic "I'm gonna paint my car orange" Orange.

Look into the ACTUAL Lamborghini Orange. It's got pearl in it and looks amazing. You can find it in the PPG Paints catalog. HoK Tangelo is really kinda the go-to for orange paint.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score

Then save up and do it right the first time! You're going to spend $1800 on the bullitts with tires, or ~$4000 for CCW's with tires. If you go to a good local wheel shop and pay cash and avoid taxes, you could probably get the CCWs for ~$3500 and get them in 19x9 and 19x11, you will still have an incredibly smooth car because you'll be able to put a 40 sidewall tire on there, and IMHO, 19s look the very best on our cars. My setup costs $2600 online with taxes and shipping and all that BS. I went to my wheel place that me and my family have been going to for years, talked to them, and got that same setup for $1800, mounted and balanced on the car.

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Then save up and do it right the first time! You're going to spend $1800 on the bullitts with tires, or ~$4000 for CCW's with tires.

This man speaks some logic. If you're doing a full rotisserie repaint, you'd seriously be selling your car short by putting Bullitt wheels on it. Nothing against Bullitt wheels, lots of people love them, but let's face it...they've been done. A lot. If you're going for a fully customized look, putting retro style wheels is counterproductive.

antonio1988

Reaction score
This man speaks some logic. If you're doing a full rotisserie repaint, you'd seriously be selling your car short by putting Bullitt wheels on it. Nothing against Bullitt wheels, lots of people love them, but let's face it...they've been done. A lot. If you're going for a fully customized look, putting retro style wheels is counterproductive.

Thanks Kris, you seem to be a connoisseur of the finer things in life, if this guy is going to go through and do the whole nine yards overhaul, he needs to do it all. If the car is going to be all show no go, you gotta make it look so good that someone like me wouldn't want to race you for fear of you crashing you're immaculate car

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's important to balance things. It's just like guys that do widebody kits and then don't spring for the wider wheels.

Don't aim for the middle! A well-balanced car is always good, and wheels can make or break a car. Not saying the wheels have to cost eleventy billion dollars. They just need to work well with the theme of the car.

BTW, awesome photos of your car. Jon's a member of another board I post at, he did a great job on your pics.

Last edited:

antonio1988

Reaction score
Yeah, it's important to balance things. It's just like guys that do widebody kits and then don't spring for the wider wheels.

Don't aim for the middle! A well-balanced car is always good, and wheels can make or break a car. Not saying the wheels have to cost eleventy billion dollars. They just need to work well with the theme of the car.

BTW, awesome photos of your car. Jon's a member of another board I post at, he did a great job on your pics.
Thanks! Jon is a member of one of the local clubs I am with, he's the designated photographer lol

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys, yea i cant really return the wheels due to the fact that they will be here tomorow. there was also another wheel i really liked but i wasnt going to order from that company due to bad experiences.

i think the billets will look pretty good with what im doing. its also going to be a loooong looooong time before i decide to buy another pair of wheels... i went through 2 sets already, this is my third

Last edited:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
The Saleen Beryllium orange!
SaleenS7TwinTurboTwinBeautyLeftUp01FixedSmall.jpg

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good, whats up with those holes in the hood? They look like they are missing grills or something.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Yo Nutsack!!!!

Get the car painted... My car will be out of the garage soon so we can get them other pieces in you whip....

I hate that you have that hood... I am going to steal it while working on it...

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yo Nutsack!!!!

Get the car painted... My car will be out of the garage soon so we can get them other pieces in you whip....

I hate that you have that hood... I am going to steal it while working on it...

haha ill trade you the hood for your..... ya know :naughty1::naughty1::naughty1::naughty1:

so yea... car is in the paintbooth now.. gotta wait 4 weeks... once its out joe ill bring the stang by and we can put the supercharger and cams on/in

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
well the hood just came today. to bad it was in two pieces. try again glad its winter and its not really holding me up.

329vistablue

Reaction score
If you get the chance to take more pictures of the hood I'd be real interested in the veiw from inside the car as well as any shots of the underside.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back