Sneak View of the 2015 EcoBoost

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Too bad you guys bitching about offset don't have any idea what you are talking about. Offset is NOT a styling decision it is an engineering decision to optimize the position of the tire on the ground with the wheels turned and in deflection and extension. The only time it doesn't matter is with wagon axles like on the previous Mustang rear end.

That would be a valid point if there weren't literally millions of examples of cars with the same suspension design that don't have their OEM wheels tucked inside the wheel housings.

IMO, Ford does it on the el-cheapo cars to save money and make the more expensive models look better.

new-bmw-m5-0.jpg

What previous rear end since Ford has been using the same 8.8 rear end since 1979?

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
The rear end might be worse than the 11-12s. Looks like it will need to be backed into a garage as well.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Too bad you guys bitching about offset don't have any idea what you are talking about. Offset is NOT a styling decision it is an engineering decision to optimize the position of the tire on the ground with the wheels turned and in deflection and extension. The only time it doesn't matter is with wagon axles like on the previous Mustang rear end.

I wholeheartedly disagree. You can have the correct geometry, AND have the wheel sit out at the fender edge like everyone else, regardless of the axle that's under it.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The rear end might be worse than the 11-12s. Looks like it will need to be backed into a garage as well.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one here that didn't like the rear end of the 2015s. I hope it grows on me...

Otherwise, I love the new car.

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
I don't know why, but silver isn't really doing it for me on this gen. I would love to see the new guard color in person though.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I don't know why, but silver isn't really doing it for me on this gen. I would love to see the new guard color in person though.
This. The only '15 I've seen in person was the silver one Ford had going around right after the reveal (missed catching the red one at Irvine C&C :'( ). The color didn't suit the car at all & was possibly part of why I didn't like the front end. I think that one was also a base model.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
The ecoboost under the hood looks like Ford couldn't decide where they wanted to mount shit, and finally said fuck it, it's going here! The interior looks like an electrical nightmare waiting to happen. Very busy.

Looks like 'vette tax to modify. Will be interesting to see if these cars can get the front wheels off the ground.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
I have 2 friends with Eco boost engines. One in a F350 truck and the other in an Escape. Both are unhappy with the gas mileage the Eco boost engines get compared to what they're supposed to get

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
f350 ecoboost? never heard of it.

on the Escape. There are two. 1.6 & 2.0 Hopefully they don't have the 2.0L thinking they should get the fuel economy of a 1.6 because it's not going to happen.

Fuel economy is also based on how you drive.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
I love the interior of the 15 but it stops there - IMO it's just too generic, can see hints of Korean/German/Italian in there as well as Mondeo (IIRC that's a Taurus your side?)

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's growing on me. I need to see one in person before I can really form an opinion. Is it also getting a 3.5 ecoboost?

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
Had an opportunity to peak at the mpg of one. We train on them here at work and our trainer has had his for about a month now. He has 2800 miles and was averaging 29.6 mpg for the whole 2800 miles. A lot of free way but not all.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
For the love of God, why can't Ford get the back end of these cars right? What's with the happy Chinaman look?

SKEDDIE

Tryin to pay the rent!
Reaction score
When they came out with the S197 I loved it in the mags. Then I saw one in person.....Hated it!! Then came the Shelby's and the aftermarket!!! I'm on my fifth S197. I've had from 270HP GT up to a 700+ HP GT500. So I'll hold my opinion for a bit.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
attachment.php

LOVE THIS CAR! Color scheme is of course "win"!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back