Snow Methanol injection kit installed.. question

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
i have no tech behind this but id think it would be better to install that sensor on either the furthest or second to furthest from the tb that way it would read the hotest iat's that the engine gets , i know they say the runner flows identical but we have proved that wrong already lol

I'd think #8 would be a good spot to see how your wet charge is making it. I can tell you that on the stock plastic intake it is not great.

I'll have an EGT array on forensicsteve's car when we have it on the dyno next to see how the meth distribution pans out.

Have your tuner keep the AFR around 12:1 and then add the meth ontop of that for maximum safety. IAT after the charge and proper tuning is key for pump/nozzle failure but you also have to take into account distribution of a WET mixture in a manifold intended for air only. It is difficult to "see" with a single AFR probe, you have to look per cylinder or overcompensate on the safe side to allow for uneven mix.

Wes

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
so I will need to drill a hole in my after cooler? Any where particlar on it you recomond to locate it to?
Mine was installed in rubber coupling before throttle body on the underside and yes you need to tune after the install.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I would not run ANY fluids till you get to the shop. I lost my stock engine do to the liquid pooling up instead of a nice mist and a damn ass tuner trying to tune it out while its leaking out of the TB.... after 4 times till a rod let go.

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
I would not run ANY fluids till you get to the shop. I lost my stock engine do to the liquid pooling up instead of a nice mist and a damn ass tuner trying to tune it out while its leaking out of the TB.... after 4 times till a rod let go.

yea I have re installed the nozzle in the aftercooler and am getting it re tuned tomorrow, Ill let yall know what the verdict is.

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
so anyone know anything about the yellow bottle of stuff called "Heet" you can get at walmart its supposed to be like 98% methanol, reason I ask is because the only place around me that sells methanol wants 50$ for 5 gallons and I need some for tomorrow when I get it tuned, so I am wondering if I can just get some of the Heet from walmart and do a 50/50 mix for my tune until i can find some cheaper methanol cause 10/gal is insane imo.

06BBR

forum member
Reaction score
so anyone know anything about the yellow bottle of stuff called "Heet" you can get at walmart its supposed to be like 98% methanol, reason I ask is because the only place around me that sells methanol wants 50$ for 5 gallons and I need some for tomorrow when I get it tuned, so I am wondering if I can just get some of the Heet from walmart and do a 50/50 mix for my tune until i can find some cheaper methanol cause 10/gal is insane imo.

Buy a 5 gallon drum of VP M1 for like 20-25.00 bucks then goto publix (local grocery store) and buy (5) 1 gallon jugs of distilled water.

Mix it yourself its simple and will cost pennies.

Eric298

Got V8?
Reaction score
Buy a 5 gallon drum of VP M1 for like 20-25.00 bucks then goto publix (local grocery store) and buy (5) 1 gallon jugs of distilled water.

Mix it yourself its simple and will cost pennies.

where do you buy it from?

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
For the purposes of tuning the car, I'd say pay the 50 bucks if you can't find what you need readily.

Once it's tuned you'll have bought yourself some time to get the right stuff.

Consider the 50 bucks cheap insurance against a mistake you might make because you're under the gun.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back