Snow Methanol injection kit installed.. question

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
I put mine here on the bend of the inlet elbow..
Halloween%20029.JPG

that's about where I had planned on originally but sounds like there will meth spraying on it messing with the readings.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that's about where I had planned on originally but sounds like there will meth spraying on it messing with the readings.

Ya, I wouldnt put it there if I was running meth, but where it is now, it gets the most accurate readings,Why Vortech puts the IAT with the MAF is beyond me..Like BBR said, somewhere along the intake runner or something like that for the meth

06BBR

forum member
Reaction score
bbr, what sensor and gauge did u use to measure your IATs?

I don't have the exact part# on the IAT sensor, you can get a threaded type like the lightning and some older model mustangs came with it. Just do a search for threaded IAT sensor. You'll find something its around 30.00. Putting it in the manifold is cake, just pick a runner and drill a 1/2 inch hole (i believe) and thread it in. I used some epoxy to make sure its sealed.

I am using a datalogger to measure my IATs through the OBDII.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The IAt extension is one from Steeda..They sell it elongated just for the purpose of mounting it where you want it..Best $ I ever spent..Tuners can tune way more aggressively when they are seeing accurate iat's, not to mention it is way more safer tuning actual temps, not friggin temps being read before the blower..

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have the exact part# on the IAT sensor, you can get a threaded type like the lightning and some older model mustangs came with it. Just do a search for threaded IAT sensor. You'll find something its around 30.00. Putting it in the manifold is cake, just pick a runner and drill a 1/2 inch hole (i believe) and thread it in. I used some epoxy to make sure its sealed.

I am using a datalogger to measure my IATs through the OBDII.

yea it's not tough I am just to lazy to take the intake Mani off, but u gotta do what u gotta do. Lol

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its in the MAF, but it should be relocated to after the power cooler on the vortech kit, just before the TB is where mine is, some as mentioned above have it in a intake runner

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
its in the MAF, but it should be relocated to after the power cooler on the vortech kit, just before the TB is where mine is, some as mentioned above have it in a intake runner
Thanks guys . Dont want to highjack to much . LOL I do thank you though.

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
I didnt want to drill through the metal on my after cooler because that was the only way i seen to do it after the s/c, i was told putting it before the s/c was fine? I can easily relocate it and plug the hole but i was under the impression where i pit it was the best place in my application.

Plug the hole and put it 12'' inches from the TB and the IAT right where steedaman has it.

Andrew

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
Ya, I wouldnt put it there if I was running meth, but where it is now, it gets the most accurate readings,Why Vortech puts the IAT with the MAF is beyond me..Like BBR said, somewhere along the intake runner or something like that for the meth

It comes with the MAF stock.

Sorry for the highjack JA but I have to ask . Where is the fac AIT sensor on our cars?

The Intake Air Temperature Sensor is part of the MAF

IIRC, its integrated with the Mass air flow??

Yes
05mustangMAFpin.jpg

Pins 1&2 are the IAT wires

If I had a Vortech Kit I would spray meth Right after the aftercooler and put the IAT here

05-gt-vortech-alky-sensor.jpg

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have no tech behind this but id think it would be better to install that sensor on either the furthest or second to furthest from the tb that way it would read the hotest iat's that the engine gets , i know they say the runner flows identical but we have proved that wrong already lol

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
temperature variances wont be that much to matter hell currently he is reading the temps before the intercooler lol Pick the runner that is the most convenient and easy to drill/send the wires and such.

Andrew

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back