Snowboarders in here!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Today I went snowboarding for the first time in my life, and let me say, my ass hurts like hell but it was one of the most fun things I have ever done in my life.
My friend and I went out to Snow Ridge Ski Resort just outside of Loweville, NY. It was really nice, good powder, and nice slopes.
I bought a Technine Lucas Mangoon 1525, Ride Revolt Binding Series and thirtytwo boots which I will be upgrading next season. I still need to find a stomp pad I like and one that will not cover up too much of the graphics on my board.
One of the easiest things for me to do today was to stop once I found my balance.
The hardest was gliding straight and going left and right while traveling less than 5MPH. One of the other boarders on the slope came and asked if I would like help after he saw me fall for the third time while trying to go left and right. He told me about heel and toe pressure, so I listened, watched and tried but wasn't very successful.
My friend got a good laugh watching my cling onto the tee handle life with all my strength. I was dragged on my front, back, side, and every which way possible after I lost balance after the 3rd tower because the tee handle lift went up so high I could barely hang on causing me to fall. It doesn't help that I am only 5'3'' either lol. I was holding on for about a minute and a half while trying to stand back up, but couldn't so i just tried finding the best position to be dragged. So I picked up the tail of the snowboard and supported it with my right foot. Well, I finally used all my strength was about to let go because I was literally hanging on by my fingertips and yelled to my friend "I fucking can't hold on any longer, I going to let go." He replied "Just hold on, we're at the top!" So I looked up and sure enough I was a couple hundred feet from the top but my fingers gave out. I moved off to the side and the Mountain Patrol guys came passed me and said "Damn, I've never seen anyone hold on like that, any lesser of a man would have let go." After my friend said they were just telling me to let go the whole time, but guess I didn't hear em lol. So fuck tee handle lifts!
I've been watching videos on carving and am going to try next time I go.
Anyone have any tips as far as going left and right when traveling under 5MPH, like when you get off the lift and navigate to begging of the slope.

I attached some pictures of my board and I. Gizmo, fuck yeah!

I would like to see what your boards also, and a story about your first time.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
my first "snowboarding" experience was at the local sledding hill. my friends and i all decided that we were going to learn how to snowboard by stapling old leather belts to our skateboard decks. we were about 10or 11 at the time. moving on, a friend of ours has been skiing his whole life, and has a house near belleayre mountain upstate. his mom took a group of us up for a weekend and that was my first real experience. me and one of my friends rented boards, and him and another of my friends had their own equipment. i did pretty good but my friend with the other rental had a miserable experience. we got taken to the top of the mountain by the other two and had quite an adventure getting down. my friend decided he would sit down and ride his board like a sled instead of trying to stand. he fell off and his board went flying down the hill hitting a bump and sailing into the trees. that was all about 16 years ago. i have been riding ever since.

current board

ONECOL.jpg

current bindings

127843.sid.mv_e.jpg

current boots

dc-ceptor-bt-blkgrn-12-prod.jpg

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
We went to Lake Tahoe about 7 years ago and snowboarded on the Cali side of Heavenly every day for a week. Had a blast. Absolutely loved it.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
So you been snowboarding for about 10-12 years Irish? Nice bindings, I like the colors. Are DC boots comfortable?

I'm thinking about picking up a GoPro this next month. I could use it for snowboarding so people can laugh when I eat shit lol, and down the 1320 this year. I just need to find out if they have wrist straps so because I don't have a helmet to mount it to while snowboarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i think this will be my 17th season. thats my fourth setup. as far as the boots, they are quite comfortable. i am also a big fan of Vans. i would reccomend a helmet, just because no matter how good you get, there is always the possibility that something can go wrong. last season my friend fell so hard he cracked the helmet from the bottom of the back all the way to the crown.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Alright, I'll have to check them out next season when I upgrade boots.
Yeah, I did hit my head pretty hard yesterday, but it was on powder thankfully. I still hit it hard enough to have my head bounce back up, and have my beanie and googles thrown off. As soon as I hit I thought I was going to be knocked out lol. I think I was trying to carve left and leaned my heels back to far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I have DC boots and like them. Check out Flow bindings, you slide your foot in from the back.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'll have to check out the Flow bindings next season. The bindings I got are pretty good for now. Don't want to get all fancy gear unroll I get better lol.

MindIfIsmoke, yeah I couldn't find my other beanie until right before I left. PR caps are pretty comfy though.

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Flows are pretty ill too btw... my wife rocks them... she's pretty much a big deal... people know her lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
I run flow bindings for years now. I've never used anything else, can anyone else chime in on differences? I bought them simply because I was too lazy to rachet all the time lol.
Also I've had a big 5 all mtn board (Lamar) is there really that much of a difference in a more expensive board? I've been pondering that for a while now...

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
So right now I am watching "The Art of Flight", and these guys are fucking insane. They do get to see a lot of breath taking parts of the world.

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
if you like the art of flight, get there first video they made. much better imo. "thats it thats all"

here is a pic of my board wich is one of the best i have ever owned! so far this year i have been snowboarding every weekend since mid december. if i were you i would make it a point to come out to sunday river!

1bf639e0.jpg

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
"That's it That's All" is their first video?
I'm going to Texas for a month in about a week, so hopefully I still have about 2 months left of the season to snowboard. Watching this video makes me want to go out there right now.
What is Sunday River? Is it down in MA?

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
yes thats it thats all is there first vid. and sunday river is up in maine. not to far from NH boarder. we have a time share up there so im there every weekend. when u get back you should come meet us! it would be a bit of a hike for you way out there in NY, but worth it!, check out the site.. 8 peaks!! www.sundayriver.com

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Its hard to board here in NC with the weather being in the high 60s and snow is nonexistent. This year has not been friendly to us snowboarders. K2 brigade, Union force bindings and Flow the five bindings with burton hail boots in woodland. Only been snowboarding for a couple years.

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
No snow around here.. had one storm and had to work in it.. then it rained and melted it all

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
had a snowboarding accident this past saturday. small girl learning to ski on a blue??? for some odd reason cut me off. tried to cut left caught toe edge. lost consciousness , just got outta the hospital yesterday, small concussion, fractured rib, left ankle sprain, and torn meniscus in my right knee. having another MRI done tomorrow, then most likely surgery. cant wait till next year to go again!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back