Snowboarders in here!

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
had a snowboarding accident this past saturday. small girl learning to ski on a blue??? for some odd reason cut me off. tried to cut left caught toe edge. lost consciousness , just got outta the hospital yesterday, small concussion, fractured rib, left ankle sprain, and torn meniscus in my right knee. having another MRI done tomorrow, then most likely surgery. cant wait till next year to go again!!

that really sucks. i cant tell you how many times ive wanted to punch new skiiers for weaving back and forth across the whole trail and/or just randomly turning. i have actually ended up picking people up and taking them with me. i nearly ate heavy shit two weeks ago in vermont because some asshat decided to cut across the whole trail and nearly send me over the edge. he got a good kidney punch for it though. i put a nice cut across the top of his board as well.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Well, I'm finally going snowboarding again tomorrow. I picked up a Barton jacket tonight on sale and got a pair of pants for free also. I need to wax my board and charge my GoPro still. Hopefully I don't bust my ass too much lol.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i've been boarding for years now, even did ski patrol for a year.

i ride a 11/12 k2 www, with burton mission bindings i think 09/10, and same year burton hail boots.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Used to board a lot. Still have all my gear. Had my second substantial knee surgery a few years ago and gave it up. Damn football injuries.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i actually went to colorado a few weeks ago. its a completely different world out west. im planning in utah for next season

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
We skied up at Loweville, NY a couple years ago. We have friends in Crogan and my step dad (too be I guess) has property just outside carthage (beartown/natural bridge area) Unfortunately it was kinda of rocky and they had the blowers going. It was a cool place though, most slopes were closed off except for the tall hill to the right of where everybody would practice on the bunny slope.

We normally stick to ski'ing but about a year ago I had to have my hand at snowboarding while we were in Vail, CO. I got too confident too soon as I had better control when on the bunny slopes, and was boarding circles (literally) around my brother in law...then we decided to go down the mountain and that's when things took a turn for the worst. lol I almost went off the side of the mountain as I couldn't make the turn quick enough and wiped out so had to regain my composure for about 10 minutes and as we got further down the mountain I lost balance and went into a small creek. It was cold and I wiped out pretty hard so decided I was walking the rest of the way down after that. My brother in law did well as he was much more cautious than myself. Still a blast though.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
lol texans. you look so cute. my little snow boarder.

LOL you make me blush

Used to board a lot. Still have all my gear. Had my second substantial knee surgery a few years ago and gave it up. Damn football injuries.

I'm surprised I haven't hurt my injured knee already, or have got another concussion lol. I hit my head pretty hard on a couple runs.

i actually went to colorado a few weeks ago. its a completely different world out west. im planning in utah for next season

How was it? I would love to snowboard in CO.

We skied up at Loweville, NY a couple years ago. We have friends in Crogan and my step dad (too be I guess) has property just outside carthage (beartown/natural bridge area) Unfortunately it was kinda of rocky and they had the blowers going. It was a cool place though, most slopes were closed off except for the tall hill to the right of where everybody would practice on the bunny slope.

We normally stick to ski'ing but about a year ago I had to have my hand at snowboarding while we were in Vail, CO. I got too confident too soon as I had better control when on the bunny slopes, and was boarding circles (literally) around my brother in law...then we decided to go down the mountain and that's when things took a turn for the worst. lol I almost went off the side of the mountain as I couldn't make the turn quick enough and wiped out so had to regain my composure for about 10 minutes and as we got further down the mountain I lost balance and went into a small creek. It was cold and I wiped out pretty hard so decided I was walking the rest of the way down after that. My brother in law did well as he was much more cautious than myself. Still a blast though.

That's pretty cool. Isn't wasn't Snow Ridge was it? That's where I went this past weekend. My friends and I plan to go to Whiteface the weekend of the 15th.

LOL that is pretty funny.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back