So my bad luck continues!!!! Need a place to vent..sorry guys

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
So for the last month i have been very excited found a great deal on craigslist on a built short block for my already expensive rebuild of my car if some of you dont know i was taken for a fool in my first engine replacement that ended up costing me around 7 grand! That lasted all of two days before that motor blew! Than at the same time come to find out i have cancer! So last year to say the least was probably the worst year i have ever had! And this year has not started any better so i found a forged built short block for my 08 mustang on craigslist in las vegas (im from washington state) and i txt the guy we talk on the phone several times till we decided on a price....i tell the guy i wont sent the money untill i see a paper next to the block with my name on it and everything like we do on the classisfieds section here on the forum....so everything is set i paypal him the money and have yet to get the motor and its been about a month.....the guy has kept little to no contact with me and is now i think completely ignoring me....i am wanting to make a trip down to vegas jst hunt him down....and get my money back or money and block.....since i have got this car i have had nothing but bad luck.....sorry guys i jst needed to vent somewhere!!!! Im going through some real bad stress and dealing with this cancer is not fun either!!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That really sucks all around.

Did u dispute the payment thru papal?

Maybe we have a local member that can help out?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Post up his name and phone number, and your first name so we know who we are talking about. Maybe a few of us can call him and ask him to send your money back. I'm guessing you don't want the motor since you have no way of verifying that it is worth a fuck.

A few years ago I went to Kentucky on a FEMA cleanup following an ice storm. The gig turned into a total waste but then the guy I was working for wouldn't pay me for the lousy 6 days I worked. I posted up his cell phone number on a forum and all my friends began calling him, tying up his phone (a nightmare if you're self employed). Within 12 hours he was calling me begging me to make them stop. I said I would when I received my money (in certified funds, not a check). I had a certified bank check in a FedEx envelope on my doorstep by 8am the next morning.
:chainsaw:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
So for the last month i have been very excited found a great deal on craigslist on a built short block for my already expensive rebuild of my car if some of you dont know i was taken for a fool in my first engine replacement that ended up costing me around 7 grand! That lasted all of two days before that motor blew! Than at the same time come to find out i have cancer! So last year to say the least was probably the worst year i have ever had! And this year has not started any better so i found a forged built short block for my 08 mustang on craigslist in las vegas (im from washington state) and i txt the guy we talk on the phone several times till we decided on a price....i tell the guy i wont sent the money untill i see a paper next to the block with my name on it and everything like we do on the classisfieds section here on the forum....so everything is set i paypal him the money and have yet to get the motor and its been about a month.....the guy has kept little to no contact with me and is now i think completely ignoring me....i am wanting to make a trip down to vegas jst hunt him down....and get my money back or money and block.....since i have got this car i have had nothing but bad luck.....sorry guys i jst needed to vent somewhere!!!! Im going through some real bad stress and dealing with this cancer is not fun either!!!

Where are you in Washington and who did the work on the engine that blew?

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what pisses me off more is that i trusted the guy and gifted him the money

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Marc s is a top guy at a Mustang shop out there. PM him so he can point you toward a shop that won't rape you. He may even be close enough to go to. Good luck getting your stang back together.

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
My first motor that was put in and last a few days/ was put in & tuned was done by rods car in tri-cities, the motor was a used motor i picked up in arlington, washington that the guy garanteed me was good and only had 30,000 miles on it, this guy builds and sells mustangs that are wrecked that he picks up at auctions and sends them overseas, i bought the car from him, it has a salvaged title, i loved my car it ran well than for some reason like six months later i blew a huge whole in the block jst regular hiway driving

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
marc s is a top guy at a mustang shop out there. Pm him so he can point you toward a shop that won't rape you. He may even be close enough to go to. Good luck getting your stang back together.

i haved talked to the mustang shop but i need a motor first and that is what i was going to do with this built block that i bought and jst never recieved

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
My first motor that was put in and last a few days/ was put in & tuned was done by rods car in tri-cities, the motor was a used motor i picked up in arlington, washington that the guy garanteed me was good and only had 30,000 miles on it, this guy builds and sells mustangs that are wrecked that he picks up at auctions and sends them overseas, i bought the car from him, it has a salvaged title, i loved my car it ran well than for some reason like six months later i blew a huge whole in the block jst regular hiway driving

I'm about 8 miles from Arlington. Are you in the Tri-Cities or in Puget Sound?

If you are local I'd be happy to give you a hand with it.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats what pisses me off more is that i trusted the guy and gifted him the money

This stings bad, but the lesson learned is that you simply CAN'T trust people when it comes to significant money. I had that lesson burned into my brain as a young Airman. There just is not a shortage of smooth talking scum that are perfectly willing to take anyones money for any reason.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
This sucks bud. Post up his info so hopefully someone on here can find out something for you. This place is pretty tight group and tend to do whatever possible. Also take bruce up on the help offer if you get a motor.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

THIS can't be real!!!!

Really this is a true story and all of this happened? If so, what is your age?

Please list every detail about the "seller" in you next post.... EVERY LAST DETAIL about thge knowledge you have about this guy.

SOMEONE here may be able to help you if you get specific

:hi:

Last edited:

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
well if i ever get to the point of building up the motor, since i am already out a few thousand dollars on this built block it will be a while before i get the money to even start again and to make it even worse im still paying on my pony, im jst going throug some hard times and i appreciate everyone thats willing to help me out with this dilema that i am in, i am gonna give the guy the weekend and see if he responds to me by monday after that i will look into legal matters and if not i will try to find a way to find this individual, i do have have his phone number, name, license plate number and stuff like that i do know what type of business he is in, so i dont think that if i go down there he would be hard to find

THIS can't be real!!!!

Really this is a true story and all of this happened? If so, what is your age?

Please list every detail about the "seller" in you next post.... EVERY LAST DETAIL about thge knowledge you have about this guy.

:hi:

i am a 21 year old who loves mustangs and works hard for what i have, and i jst cant seem to catch a break this last year or for that matter the begining of this year, i have been off from work for the last 6 months due to all my cancer treatments, and getting very little from L&I from a work injury that i sustained while working prior my knowing of my cancer, so ya its been a pretty shitty year,

and as far as information on the person who sold me the motor i want to hold off untill after this weekend to give the guy a few days, according to him he is a very busy guy and is always tied up last time i talked to him was on wednesday and he told me he was gonna set up the shipping on thursday and havnt herd from him since, wont answer my calls, txts, or emails

Last edited by a moderator:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i am a 21 year old who loves mustangs and works hard for what i have, and i jst cant seem to catch a break this last year or for that matter the begining of this year, i have been off from work for the last 6 months due to all my cancer treatments, and getting very little from L&I from a work injury that i sustained while working prior my knowing of my cancer, so ya its been a pretty shitty year,

and as far as information on the person who sold me the motor i want to hold off untill after this weekend to give the guy a few days, according to him he is a very busy guy and is always tied up last time i talked to him was on wednesday and he told me he was gonna set up the shipping on thursday and havnt herd from him since, wont answer my calls, txts, or emails

well your good then with your deal. I wouldn't bother complaining here about it. I'm glad it will work out!

The cancer... so sorryto hear, Bernie, you're in my prayers man. :hi:

Last edited:

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
i am jst glad i am apart of this forum, it really feels good that ppl are willing to do their part to help some one in need, it really warms my heart to be apart of such a great of people that are willing to be there for someone else

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back