Some 2013 auto testing tonight

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Very impressive. What tire psi you running on those Hoosiers? That's a sweet 60 foot.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
That's just amazing for more or less tires, 1 peice driveline, and a converter.

No Tune?

Thats some converter!!

silver rhyno

forum member
Reaction score
makes me think is should be looking for an auto car instead of a track pack...so the only mod are converter, driveshaft and tires???? no tune?

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just got some new Mickey Thompson DR's and was spinning at 25 psi. My last tires were bias ply and stuck like glue at 30.

Your car is another example of why I need to finally get a converter. Nice runs for sure.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
For those looking on what not to do with an auto review this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/914138-autos-performance-mods.html

You have a certain individual who preaches moving to a 4.10 in the A6 and has spread this crap for the past year. The same individual complains that the Boss intake is no good yet is shifting the car at 7,400. Well no shit.

You want to be successful with the Boss intake on the auto, you need to have a converter and shift the car at 7,600+.

The car in this thread has been quicker than his using a stock 3.15 gear, converter and fewer mods overall.

I am fed up with the shitty advice some give. :321:

/rant off

Last edited:

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I linked this thread there. Just to give the original poster some more information that's available.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/914138-autos-performance-mods.html

You have a certain individual who preaches moving to a 4.10 in the A6 and has spread this crap for the past year. The same individual complains that the Boss intake is no good yet is shifting the car at 7,400. Well no shit.

You want to be successful with the Boss intake on the auto, you need to have a converter and shift the car at 7,600+.

The car in this thread has been quicker than his using a stock 3.15 gear, converter and fewer mods overall.

/rant off

I couldnt agree with you more. I have had PM after PM on what gear to use, converter, etc. You give out good advice and yet these crazies still go preach the wrong info all while running slower (and the blind still follow). I just don't get it. I rarely tell anyone anything any more.

The best advice I ever got when I just got started in racing was go talk to the guys running fast.

Last edited:

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen a 2300 stall by Circle D before(I think it was a restalled stocker) posted somewhere. I'm guessing this is it or something close to that. Hows the drivability/mileage affected with this converter?

Very nice time with minimal mods.

04compgt

forum member
Reaction score

/rant off

Lol @ 7400 shifts with a boss intake. No wonder their car slowed down with it. I totally agree with your above statement about the 4.10 gear as well, these cars in n/a form just do not benefit from the extra shift into 4th gear. Trust me I know my car would trap more than 121 if it wasn't for my 3.73's I see it log after log just flat line when it goes into 4th for the last 320' of the track.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen a 2300 stall by Circle D before(I think it was a restalled stocker) posted somewhere. I'm guessing this is it or something close to that. Hows the drivability/mileage affected with this converter?

Very nice time with minimal mods.

This unit isn't based on a stock converter. No idea on mileage, but I'd expect the owner hasn't seen much difference. Not going to make any difference out on the highway, and he's put 600 miles on this car since buying it, 400 of which would be the 2 trips to the track.

Oh, and on shift RPMs, I have this car shifting at 7300, so you can probably imagine my thoughts on shifting at 7400 with a Boss intake.

04compgt

forum member
Reaction score
There is a reason some of us with autos are going low 11s and others are barely or struggling into the 11s. Part of it could be tuners fault but majority is a bad combination of parts

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
There is a reason some of us with autos are going low 11s and others are barely or struggling into the 11s. Part of it could be tuners fault but majority is a bad combination of parts
Wait what? You mean a Bama tune with 4.10's is a bad combo? The things you learn.:roflmao:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Just finished a new airbox, this should be worth at least a couple of tenths.

Attachments

• jltairbox.jpg
    jltairbox.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 98

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who is CasperGT? Is he a tuner/linked to Shaun at AED?

Not to stir the pot, just asking; since there seems to be a disagreement about what gears work the best on the A6 how does one find ground truth? There were people posting both for/against the 410's....same thing goes for the Boss IM, that seems to be another one of the arguments...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back