Some 2013 auto testing tonight

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
The best gears for the autos at least at the track are 3.31's. But the 3.15's work pretty good also. A good tune, off road x-pipe, and a converter are very good things to start with. The Boss Intake will work but you must be willing to shift in the 7600-7700 area for it to be effected. Here's another good read.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96171

Sublime302

mod bug flu
Reaction score
The best gears for the autos at least at the track are 3.31's. But the 3.15's work pretty good also. A good tune, off road x-pipe, and a converter are very good things to start with. The Boss Intake will work but you must be willing to shift in the 7600-7700 area for it to be effected. Here's another good read.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96171

okay, ill keep stock gears, is it okay to do lonngtubes and cai? what else is good to do. im just looking for more power. nothing crazy. i dont run it at the track. just looking for more all around power. thanks again

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
okay, ill keep stock gears, is it okay to do lonngtubes and cai? what else is good to do. im just looking for more power. nothing crazy. i dont run it at the track. just looking for more all around power. thanks again
Longtubes yes, CAI worthless. Most important thing is a good tune. I also used to have a Mach 1. With a Whipple.:thumb2:

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Your best bet for the street is a good tune, o/r x and some suspension parts and better tires to get the power to the ground.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Had this car back out tonight. Only new stuff was 17" RT-S/M&H fronts, removed front swaybar, and continued work on the calibration. Went pretty well. This single disk lockup clutch converter just isn't enough, it won't fully lock so I can't get the MPH out of this car that I usually can. Air got better after this, was down to 250' by 11PM, but this POS track we have gets huge bald spots and they make zero effort to fix them. Hell the scoreboards never worked all night. Really sucks, we rarely get 250' air and it certainly never happens in May, then can't even get a track to take advantage of it.

Attachments

• uebbing_1152.jpg
    uebbing_1152.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 93

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Here are 11.55 and 11.52 passes. I see a little side to side jerk while leaving on the 2nd pass, so only 1500 miles and 10 or so dragstrip passes and the differential clutches are already going to hell. This car will run 40s if it's ever on a decent track with reasonable air. Suspension looks pretty neutral, I expect he'll be leaving that alone. He does have all the parts to put a 3.31 gear in, that will probably be all that is ever done to this car going forward unless he changes his aversion to roll bars.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Had this car back out tonight. Only new stuff was 17" RT-S/M&H fronts, removed front swaybar, and continued work on the calibration. Went pretty well. This single disk lockup clutch converter just isn't enough, it won't fully lock so I can't get the MPH out of this car that I usually can. Air got better after this, was down to 250' by 11PM, but this POS track we have gets huge bald spots and they make zero effort to fix them. Hell the scoreboards never worked all night. Really sucks, we rarely get 250' air and it certainly never happens in May, then can't even get a track to take advantage of it.

In the video you guys list a Circle D converter as one of the mods. Do they even offer a single disk??

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. What's the deal with the weird weight bias?

What did you find odd about it? All the fuel is on the driver side if you have a half tank or less, plus the driver, so nothing jumped out at me.

In the video you guys list a Circle D converter as one of the mods. Do they even offer a single disk??

This is a prototype 3C single disk unit which we tested for Chris in this car. I've improved it the best I can with the calibration and some of the speed came back, but I'd expect a little more speed if it had a triple in it. In the past I got 122.XX out of 11.3X cars with a triple, so I'd think this one would run 121ish. It does 60' better than I expected, not as far off from what a 5C does as I thought it would be.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
How much improvement do you expect to see from going from the 3.15's to 3.31's?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Awesome times!!!!! really serious for the mods!
Boring as shit watching it run though, very uneventful. :roflmao:
Yea I said it, manual FTW!

JimInNY

Reaction score
I see a little side to side jerk while leaving on the 2nd pass, so only 1500 miles and 10 or so dragstrip passes and the differential clutches are already going to hell.

I'm having similar issues with mine. Will upgrading to a Ford Racing Traction-Lok be worthwhile?

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I'm having similar issues with mine. Will upgrading to a Ford Racing Traction-Lok be worthwhile?

If you want to improve it the best you can, you really need 2 sets of the replacement plates plus an assortment of the shims for them. Install them with the extra plates and shim it up tight. The real fix is a Detroit locker but some find them objectionable due to the amount of backlash inherent to them and some of the noise they make.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back