Some radio wiring help?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^......just ground it to the ground wire in the harness.

Thx. And while we're here, the regulator output goes to the remote wire on the large Metra harness, correct? I am confused on what to do with the small Metra harness which has two RCA plugs and two wires. Help....

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
the 2 RCA plugs are the SUB amps input. The 2 wires (Blue/White) are the amps turn on.

On the Voltage regulator, the INPUT will come from the HU (AMP turn on), the output of the voltage regulator goes to the 2 Blue/White wires on the Metra Harness. The middle pin is the ground. Just ground it to the ground on the radio.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the 2 RCA plugs are the SUB amps input. The 2 wires (Blue/White) are the amps turn on.

On the Voltage regulator, the INPUT will come from the HU (AMP turn on), the output of the voltage regulator goes to the 2 Blue/White wires on the Metra Harness. The middle pin is the ground. Just ground it to the ground on the radio.

Sorry for being a pain on this. When you state the 2 blue/white wires on the Metra Harness, there is one blue/white on the main Metra harness and two blue/white wires on the smaller Metra harness with the RCA plugs.

Is the blue/white wire on the main Metra harness not used (labeled AMP Turn-On)? If so, I'm good to go. Thanks for your help.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Yes hook the Blue/White from the Radio (Amp turn on) to the 2 Blue/White wires on the Metra Connector and also to the Main harness on the Metra connector.

I was trying to find a pic from mine, but they are at home.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes hook the Blue/White from the Radio (Amp turn on) to the 2 Blue/White wires on the Metra Connector and also to the Main harness on the Metra connector.

I was trying to find a pic from mine, but they are at home.

Aha...now that accounts for all the wires...GTG now. Appreciate your patience.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah...GTG. Then one of the prongs from the regulator broke....damn! Takes over a week for me to get another one, so I went ahead and finished the install with out it. Sounds great even with the popping. LOL. I'll put another one in there later.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back