Somebody play that Queen song...

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Attached are the full records for yesterday's outing... Previous best was a [email protected] with a 2.03 60' in May... since then I had MAJOR issues with my previous tuner ([email protected], with a full suspension build, UDPs, Delete plates, and 285/40-18 Nittos added to the mix...). Yesterday, thanks to Doug at Bama (got me a C&L racer and new tunes on FRIDAY!!!), I ran faster than ever before, and was consistant enough to take my car club's season championship. The track prep was pretty poor, I was able to dead hook out of the box (24psi rear, 50psi front, -7 turns on the front struts, -6 on the LR and -5 on the RR) but broke loose around 10-15 feet out of the gate.

Doug's tunes are absolutely sick... incredibly responsive, and they seem to just flat-out pull all the way to redline. The track was at 700 feet, temp between 64-68 degrees, 27%RH, so I have no idea what that converts to, but it felt great. Something tells me a set of drag radials are in my future for next season...

Full time data: We shotgunned the runs pretty quickly, with relatively minimal cool down. The club rules allow for a .25 second breakout from dial, which is a mathmatical average of your first two runs. I lost in the first round with a .276 RT after getting held in stage and losing my focus. As last month was a rain-out, though, we did our championship runs after the monthly competition... Semi-final run was a double-red-light, which I won by screwing up the least. Final run was close, but my opponent snoozed a bit (.474 RT) and that sealed it. All in all, a pretty good day. I was very happy with the consistency of the runs (RT aside), and I owe all of that to Doug!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back