Starting an air lift install

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
still waiting on getting my a-arms back from the powdercoater. im getting a lot of stuff done up there so theres nothing done yet. total install involves BMR k member and a-arms. BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Fays 2 Watts link, full air ride, and brembo brakes. its gonna take a few weeks and a LOT of busted knuckles lol

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
One Eyed Willy installed his tank under the parcel shelf. It looks like one of the steel bigger tanks. Here is one of his posts.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1841175&postcount=2

The smaller aluminum tanks will fit a little better and it is possible you will not even see it when standing looking into the trunk.

thats exactly what im going for, but i have the longer narrower one. i have to test fit it before i do anything

why paint a polished tank? you don't like the polished look?

yeah, nothing else is really shiny on the car. i am far from a murdered out look, but the only thing that currently shines is the trim rings on the ac vents

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
no, i havent gotten my parts back from the powder coater yet. they had a car to finish for sema so i told him not to rush. they should be back next week hopefully

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Finally getting started. How is everyone running their power lines through/ under the car?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Through the car.

While my battery is in the trunk I recommend you run your compressor power wires through the passenger side of the car direct to your battery. You need to run your air lines through the cabin on both side so it is no big deal.

Air line on passenger side cable tied to my battery cable.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Correct run through passenger side when you run air lines.

I wound up running the ignition wire to the driver side so I could manually switch the system on/off while the cars on

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
im running it there, how did you go through the firewall?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
There a grommet in the foot well. Simply cut off one of the nubs on the outside of it and feed the lines/wires through

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
ok, i ran out of daylight so tomorrow i have to find it. is it part of the sjb or anything?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
No is just on the firewall. When you have the fender liner off you can see a big rubber grommet on driver and passenger side.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
oh ok. i havent gotten that far yet. basically been removing interior panels getting ready to mount the compressor and air tank and control unit

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a passenger foot well picture of where I passed my passenger side front air line through, same spot as I ran all my battery cables.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
thanks for the pic, im getting up good and early tomorrow

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Does the compressor have to be mounted upright Or can it be hung upside down ?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From the VIAIR site:

Q: Is it possible to mount VIAIR compressors sideways, or must it be mounted with the cylinder upright?

You can mount in any direction or position since VIAIR compressors are oil-less. The only position we do not recommend is an upside-down mount, since heat tends to travel upward, and does not dissipate well in the motor housing. A sideways mounting may reduce the life of the piston seal, since everything is governed by gravity and has a weight associated with it.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Jeremy.

There gonna be any way to swap the camber plates for a set more easily adjusted from under the hood? Rather than unbolting it all?

Maybe with camber and caster built in?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i had it nice and hidden too. ill just have to get a couple 1/4" rods and flip it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back