Starting an air lift install

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hah dont you just hate having to change plans?

yea could try to get a sheet of steel and suspend it from there upright

also i think the isolaters require it to be rightside up to work correctly, or the springs wont support the weight

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
yeah im going to do something like that for the manifold. i was trying to avoid having anything mounted low and very visible

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Jeremy.

There gonna be any way to swap the camber plates for a set more easily adjusted from under the hood? Rather than unbolting it all?

Maybe with camber and caster built in?

We do not have any plans at this time to redesign the camber plates unfortunately. Don't worry I feel your pain!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Damn...

Could I get a pic of how the spring and camber mount are connected?

Is there a firm connection or could we possibly swap the plate for a non airlift plate that's adjustable from above?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
got the compressor flipped and the manifold mounted. waiting for the tank to get back from powdercoat before i start the bags themselves. the tank will be hung from the rear deck between the speakers, which i took the opportunity to swap out while i have everything apart

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Hah. Nice compressor suspension system.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
1/4" threaded rod. it was a bit of a pain in the ass to drill the frame, but after a bit of trial and error i got it going

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
need some help. installed and hooked up the compressor and digital control pack. ran the wiring and hooked it up to the battery. now when i connect the ignition wire to a power source, the compressor should come on correct? the relay is mounted to the body, with the paint removed underneath and the controller was connected. i dont have the tank mounted or hooked up. i also only have the two front hoses connected to the control pack. is there anything i missed possibly?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
relay doesnt need to be grounded at the relay, it has a ground wire built into the harness.

fuse is installed right? lol

whats your power source for the ignition wire?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i was hooking it directly to the battery for the test with the 3 amp fuse inline.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hmm...odd, power to the ignition wire should turn the system on once the other two are hooked up.

yea the ecu should see a reading of 0 in the tank and kick the compressor on to start filling it, even without a tank connected it should atleast try, does the system itself turn on?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i was hooking it directly to the battery for the test with the 3 amp fuse inline.

So you have the red 10 gauge to the battery positive and the black 10 gauge to the battery negative. Then you are touching the 18 gauge pink wire to the battery positive with a 3 amp fuse inline? If you are doing that and have the display plugged in the compressor should come on. Is the display plugged in?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
yes the system is coming on. the controller lights up and reads zero at all four corners

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
im guessing it is a bad compressor relay, or a bad compressor. i have to go pick up a 12v tester to try it out since mine decided to stop working

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
if you go into the settings, and see compressor run time, does it show it counting any? or still at 0.

My fuse blew in the main line and prevented the compressor from kicking on, but the ecu still ran on the ignition wire and tried to fill the tank by commanding the compressor to kick on, even though it couldnt

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I haven't checked that yet. I'm going to get a tester and see what's getting power and what's not.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
figured it out. had a wire that wasnt fully seated into the relay harness. huge relief that i dont have to pull the entire thin and redo it

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Finally finished everything, now i just have to figure out how to program everything to how i want it

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Can a couple of you post up your pre program specs sobibget an idea of where I should be

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back