Starting my turbo build!!!!Excited

mmorningstar

forum member
Reaction score
So after much back and fourth on what to do with my 08 GT I've finally decided. It's free and clear so I'm keeping it and going Turbo. Picking up an On3 hotside from Lethe and fabbing the cold side. I've been a long time forum member and there are so many build threads to help so I doubt I'll ask much. I'm just excited to start stockpiling turbo parts for the build!

Doing all top quality parts the first time through, comp, tial, turbosmart, etc.

mmorningstar

forum member
Reaction score
thanks man, I had turbo cars before the S197 (WRX, DSM's) so I have a fair amount of knowledge, really looking forward to the build. And after the turbo build is done and laying down 450ish it's short block build time so I can go for 700 to the wheels, at least that's the current long term plan for the car.....

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet, congrats! Give me a shout if you need any pointers on the install.

Last edited:

mmorningstar

forum member
Reaction score
Way my car sits now it is 5spd manual with 4.10's and an intake, I pulled my FRPP mani and hot rods because I was either trading it or going turbo. I will probably have the gears swapped back to 3.55 here soon, debating 3.27's but need to research.

Jeremy I'll be in touch, are you a comp dealer?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Go with the 3.55's. I tried 3.27's in mine and they just aren't enough gear to get this heavy car out of the hole. I have gone back to 3.73's with mine bu I have and suto.

mmorningstar

forum member
Reaction score
Go with the 3.55's. I tried 3.27's in mine and they just aren't enough gear to get this heavy car out of the hole. I have gone back to 3.73's with mine bu I have and suto.

Thanks for the tip, no racing for me, I'm 39, I'm kind of done with all that. Lol. Just building a freeway beast for cruising, now that you know that you still thinking 3.55's instead of 3.27's?

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
Is this your dd? How much driving do you do? Do you care about mpg?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree with 3.55s. Are you looking for a fast spooling fun street car with lots of lowend tq and keep it under 500hp for a stock block?

60-1 is the designation for a common cast wheel 60mm trim garret/turbonetics turbo. Too small of a turbo imho for these cars.

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with 3.55s. Are you looking for a fast spooling fun street car with lots of lowend tq and keep it under 500hp for a stock block?

60-1 is the designation for a common cast wheel 60mm trim garret/turbonetics turbo. Too small of a turbo imho for these cars.

Unless you have 60mm x 2. :D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back