Steeda Front Swaybar end links?

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone using these?
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-mustang-front-swaybar-endlinks-555-1053/

Mine won't stay tight, I removed one of them yesterday and the clunk that has been annoying me the last month or so is completely gone with the bar disconnected. I tried reinstalling the link and greasing the swaybar bushings and it got a tiny bit quieter but the clunk persists. Running with no front sway bar is not an option for me so I need to do something about this. Because I know someone will suggest it I have the upgraded strut mounts so it not the strut mount. Between having to replace the nuts every time you remove one and the inability to get a proper torque value when tightening them due to needing to hold the stud with an 8mm wrench, I'm done with the stock ones.

I did a search and most people have used stock style replacements with success but I'm having trouble finding reasonably priced replacement end links here in Canada. Locally they want $68 each ($136 for the pair) for the MOOG ones and the upgraded OE ones from Ford are $50 each plus $10 for the nuts for each side ($120 for the pair) and I can get the Steeda's locally for $155.

Any other suggestions?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered moog from rock auto. Very cheap. Discount codes always apply. No tax, no duty, no nothing. Large hex on inboard side to hold for applying torque, greasable.

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
I had horrible popping issues with my stock links after lowering 1.5". I installed SR Performance links from American Muscle. It totally fixed the popping and the adjustability made the front a lot tighter. They are all metal race ends so they is still some noise but I keep the lubed with Super Lube. I considered going with the Steeda links as a replacement to the SR's to eliminate the need to lube the ends but haven't heard many reviews on them. AM has tons of great reviews on SR's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone using these?
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-mustang-front-swaybar-endlinks-555-1053/

Mine won't stay tight, I removed one of them yesterday and the clunk that has been annoying me the last month or so is completely gone with the bar disconnected. I tried reinstalling the link and greasing the swaybar bushings and it got a tiny bit quieter but the clunk persists. Running with no front sway bar is not an option for me so I need to do something about this. Because I know someone will suggest it I have the upgraded strut mounts so it not the strut mount. Between having to replace the nuts every time you remove one and the inability to get a proper torque value when tightening them due to needing to hold the stud with an 8mm wrench, I'm done with the stock ones.

I did a search and most people have used stock style replacements with success but I'm having trouble finding reasonably priced replacement end links here in Canada. Locally they want $68 each ($136 for the pair) for the MOOG ones and the upgraded OE ones from Ford are $50 each plus $10 for the nuts for each side ($120 for the pair) and I can get the Steeda's locally for $155.

Any other suggestions?

I had the same issue with the Steeda end-links I had, I wouldn't tighten and tighten them over and over again. I would adjust the load on them, etc. Still popped/clunked.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For those that have used a rod end style, how noisy are they?
I couldn't imagine them being near as bad as a set of worn-out stockers.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
For those that have used a rod end style, how noisy are they?
I couldn't imagine them being near as bad as a set of worn-out stockers.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

I really don't have any noise, I am thinking because where it transfers to body would be the center mounts which still have rubber to help isolate. Not like a rod-end LCA that would be metal end to bolt to body

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back