Steeda Ultralite Race Cowl Pics and Questions

S

Steedagus

Interestng... they must have made some changes in the last few years as there is no way (without possibly standing on it) that mine will click in to the factory hood lock. I can stick my hand in just past the wrist in the gap above the grill.

No changes. My 2006 has one of the original hoods which is the same as the current one and works perfectly with the factory hood lock. Something sounds WAY off here. There is no reason it should not work.

Only change was going from a white gelcoat to a black gelcoat.

S

Steedagus

I have the race cowl. Dont know if that is different that the non-race cowl hoods. But mine works fine, just like it was stock. Locks into place everytime. If the hood is going fly up, it will have to rip the 2 bolts out of their sockets and rip the fiberglass. I am sure its happened, but it would take alot of force to do that. Wind and pressure are strong at high speeds, but no that strong..

Locks into place every time, thats how it should be.

And we do mention hood pins because we dont know exactly how the customer is going to drive the car. For some people its street/show use, but you get a guy who decides to do 150 on a highway run or is at a track event with enough real estate to hit that speed and your hood will be doing an impression of what the FR500 hood did at its first ever race in Daytona Internatinal Speedway years ago. ;)

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had my race hood since 07 and have been very happy with it. I never had any problems with the latching, from the first it latched perfectly and has continued to latch like a stock hood. I went with pins on mine as I just didn't like the way the hood reacts at higher speeds. The finish on mine was great and it fits just as good as the stock hood did. I love the fully open rear, as it really lets the heat out. I would highly recommend this hood and I think it is the best looking cowl hood available.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back