LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish something like this would fit a vert. :/

SteedaBrandon

Banned
Reaction score
are the mounting points for this identical to the boss brace?
Yes.

I'm not trying to belittle Steeda or their design at all, but holding a brace using those two bolts on the bottom? That seems like a HUGE stress concentration. I'd weld those tabs on before you shear something, but that's just my very-slightly-educated opinion.
Not sure what you mean.

Guys, you asked so we listened. We are going to offer the brace in a wrinkle black finish and bare (for those with Grabber Blue or School Bus Yellow who want their brace to get powder-coated to match), and we are also going to offer it with the Steeda logo or without the Steeda logo on the plate.

Unfortunately, the plate is mounted to the bracket which structurally holds the braces together in the center so we cannot offer it without the plate. The plate does bolt-onto the bracket though, so those who want can remove the plate and just have the bare bracket left.

george06

forum member
Reaction score
What about the Ford Racing Logo on the plate "instead" of the Steeda logo???

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

I doubt they would be able to do that since it is probably Trademarked by Ford Racing and not Steeda. Also since FRPP released the Boss 302LS X-Brace I highly doubt Ford Racing would be ok with having their name on a competitors brace.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree with wanting to keep the rear seats. Wish they would make one that lets you keep them.

george06

forum member
Reaction score
I doubt they would be able to do that since it is probably Trademarked by Ford Racing and not Steeda. Also since FRPP released the Boss 302LS X-Brace I highly doubt Ford Racing would be ok with having their name on a competitors brace.

Thank you, i will find out on the outside if i get the plain plate, if i can get it done. Any ideas??

OkieSnuffBox

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the plate is mounted to the bracket which structurally holds the braces together in the center so we cannot offer it without the plate. The plate does bolt-onto the bracket though, so those who want can remove the plate and just have the bare bracket left.

That's a shame.

Any pics without the plate?

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
So does this fit the convertibles??? I know that they are different in bracing but that is in the doors and frame areas.... I don't know the difference in the trunk areas?

Also are the deletes in grey only? A tan color would be nice. A delete in a very might help us save on weight but a gray delete in a tab interior would fail miserably......

For those that want a ford racing logo... Why not have it engraved some where local. Get a blank plate and engrave your own logo. Just throwing that out there. Yes it I more money but u get what you want .....

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

Ok so does the plate contribute to the structural rigidity or not? You say it "structurally holds the braces together in the center so we cannot offer it without the plate." Then immediately behind that you say "so those who want can remove the plate and just have the bare bracket left."
I am trying to understand these comments. Is the plate necessary or not?

Sent from iPhone

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I think the steeda logo is a plaque. There is a steel plate behind it.

Too me, there's got to be a way to design a brace that still allows the rear seats to be used.

Last edited:

SteedaBrandon

Banned
Reaction score
Any difference in price between the options
I don't have any info on prices for the different options at this time.

so what does this bracket look like without the plate mounted to it?
Any pics without the plate?
121042d1349225318t-steeda-rear-seat-chassis-x-brace-05-13-x-brace.jpg

We will be offering the blank plate so that you can get it engraved with whatever you choose!

I agree with wanting to keep the rear seats. Wish they would make one that lets you keep them.
We considered this, but really our rear strut tower brace would be more effective in that situation.

So does this fit the convertibles??? I know that they are different in bracing but that is in the doors and frame areas.... I don't know the difference in the trunk areas?

Also are the deletes in grey only? A tan color would be nice. A delete in a very might help us save on weight but a gray delete in a tab interior would fail miserably......
We are looking into offering the rear seat delete panel kit. The kit pictures is Ford's.

We believe it will fit the convertibles but we haven't tested one yet to be sure.

Ok so does the plate contribute to the structural rigidity or not? You say it "structurally holds the braces together in the center so we cannot offer it without the plate." Then immediately behind that you say "so those who want can remove the plate and just have the bare bracket left."
I am trying to understand these comments. Is the plate necessary or not?
The dress-up plate is not necessary, the bracket is. Please see photo above.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back