Stock 11GT alarm going off?!?

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone else deal with the 11GT alarm going off from time to time? I'm really getting sick of it. I thought maybe I was hitting the fob but I am starting to doubt that is the case anymore. Any input greatly appreciated.-Shane

Reno Five-O

Reaction score
Windows down? Sorry had to ask because when I have my windows down and somebody walks by it'll sometimes trigger the alarm.

Apex

SloMoCo
Reaction score
Windows down? Sorry had to ask because when I have my windows down and somebody walks by it'll sometimes trigger the alarm.

Thats with the active security package only.. OP didnt state what trim his car was, though

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Yup, windows down with motion sensors equals alarm going off. Had me confused when I walked past my car in the garage. Actually took me a few minutes to figure out wtf was going on, lol.

nwmastiffs

Reaction score
I had the same thing and dealership swapped the security control module and haven't had problems since.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
On both of my Fords I took the key fobs apart and gutted the red alarm button to prevent the alarm from going off all the damn time. I'm sorry but I'm one of those who believes that car alarms are completely worthless for most people (certainly for myself). I have never once heard a car alarm going off and thought to myself "Oh my, somebody's car is getting broken into!" I think it's safe to say that every single one of us has heard hundreds of false alarms from car security systems but actual legitimate triggers are pretty much unheard of. I decided to quit being part of the problem and start being part of the solution.

Sarsy

Reaction score
I am still having this problem. The dealership has changed the keys, I now have a programmed key and seperate fob. Then they also switched out the security module. No-one has been able to fix it yet. I'm new at posting here.

hawkeye18

omgwtfbbq
Reaction score
If you lock the door by sticking your key in it and turning it, the alarm system will activate sans motion sensors. This way, if you leave your windows half-down or whatever you can still lock your car without the alarm going off every time somebody walks by it.

That doesn't solve OP's problem, though. Something's bad in the wiring. Good luck chasing that down.

JimC

Reaction score
Check the underhood sensor - at least that was the problem on my 2006. It gets exposed to a lot of weather and can be the one that sets off the alarm.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
If you lock the door by sticking your key in it and turning it, the alarm system will activate sans motion sensors. This way, if you leave your windows half-down or whatever you can still lock your car without the alarm going off every time somebody walks by it.

That doesn't solve OP's problem, though. Something's bad in the wiring. Good luck chasing that down.

Thank you for posting this. I've been unable to leave my dog in my car due to this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sarsy

Reaction score
thank you for your replies. I need to bring it to the dealership - again - but they are running out of ideas. They even had an area assigned engineer on it. Dealership is an hour away and I can't always spend all day sitting in the show room!!! They do provide a rental if I need it, but still.. it's a whole day there. :deadhorse:

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
Mine would sometimes go off if something moved in the car while locked and windows up. At first I didn't know what was going on either but one day it went off and my radar detector fell and set off the motion alarm. I put two and two together and the little dangly crystal my wife hung from the rear view mirror was causing it to go off the other times. I attached my radar detector to the rear view mirror and got rid of the dangly thing and it hasn't gone off since.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Dangly things hanging in front of the windshield serve no purpose other than distracting the driver from driving, and should be outlawed. Most drivers have enough distractions without adding extras into the mix.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
Dangly things hanging in front of the windshield serve no purpose other than distracting the driver from driving, and should be outlawed. Most drivers have enough distractions without adding extras into the mix.

Glad you have an opinion but you should mind your own business as it was a meaningful piece for my wife and DID NOT distract as it was small. This isn't a discussion about stuff hanging from the mirror it's about the OP and his alarm. Start a new thread if you want to discuss the mirror thing.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back