Stock 11GT alarm going off?!?

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Dangly things hanging in front of the windshield serve no purpose other than distracting the driver from driving, and should be outlawed. Most drivers have enough distractions without adding extras into the mix.

Its already illegal in many areas.

Sarsy

Reaction score
Not into dangly. Would have been nice to have had such an easy solution! Thank you again everyone for your posts. I don't feel so isolated anymore. Still.....
I can't believe that Ford hasn't picked up on the fact that there are multiple 2011 5.0's out there with this problem. I have a feeling it could be the bonnet (sorry.. hood) or
the convertible top. I had the alarm go off once three times in a row when I started the car. It only happens to me when I start up, never when someone walks by or on any other occasion.

Last edited:

Sarsy

Reaction score
Where would the hood sensor be? That's the lastest determination from my dealer. strip.jpg
Need to 'google' it.

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
It is mounted on the passenger side right next to the shock tower. It looks like a rubber plunger, small, with wires running to it.

I'd take a picture but my 2013 doesn't have it.

hawkeye18

omgwtfbbq
Reaction score
Where would the hood sensor be? That's the lastest determination from my dealer.

I took a picture of mine for you.

iWrril3.jpg

Sarsy

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you. My dealer still has not returned my calls. I will bug him again this week.

Sarsy

Reaction score
I haven't had the time to go to the dealership and also wanted to mention that I don't have a sensor as pictured above? My friend thinks it might be the ECM/PCM?

Sarsy

Reaction score
so... it's now November 2013. car has been in and out of the dealership. Unplug here, install there... now they have totally disconnected all of my add on led's, and after market stereo. What's next??? the aftermarket wheels?????
Still no solution to the alarm issue!!!!

Five Ohh

Reaction score
I had this problem with mine. It would randomly go off several times after parking the car and locking the doors. Found out it was a faulty motion sensor in the car.

Try locking your car the old fashioned way by inserting the key in the door and turning it. This will set the alarm but not the motion sensor. If your car no longer sets off the alarm randomly then you will know its the motion sensor acting up.

The dealer can see I think up to the last 3 times the alarm went off and what sensor set it off so make sure when you take it into the dealer you let them know around when the alarm went off. This is just to speed up their troubleshooting so you can get your car back quicker without making a bunch of trips back.

Back