Street/Drag tire choice/experiences

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I have the 275/50/17 m and h. I've run the 3 seasons running at least twice a month 3-4 runs a night. They still hooked good. I drove the car 100 miles round trip in the mountains no problems. I even got caught in a huge rain storm on the way home from work with no problems. The m and h drag radials were money well spent. I think I have close to 4000 miles on them now.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Now this thread has me looking at some 15" drag radials to run on the car at all times.

I run the MT PROs at the track and love them but I need a street tire too. These 19" mickey Thompson street comps can't hold at all :(

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
It's because I am kind of a rebel, the QTP's are fine in the street aired up.
As with all racing tires, don't get caught in the rain and watch out for HUGE potholes.
No they are not for the street technically, not for daily driving etc... but you can make a trip to the track with no issues.
Been doing it for years, remember you're on soft tires and don't take corners like an animal... you'll be OK.

How far away are you from the track you go to? I have an hour trip and I'm debating about doing the same as you. The only thing that made me wonder is if it would to hold up on the highway for longer periods of time.

What did you air them up to?

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I run nitto555r 305/40/18s as my daily driver tire. Works really good and it suppose to last up to 15k miles. I raced all last season with them too in the Pro Street class. Had my best year ever. I made it to 6 finals. This year Im racing only in bracket classes so I am using my MT ET streets Two. 295/40/17. IMO they are more consistant for bracket racing. The tire just sticks through every gear. I love them. I do drive them on street but dont feel as good about wet roads as I do with the nitto 555rs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back