Street Scene Grille

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
3...2...1...BAN!! I hate to tell you this, but this isn't worthy of Tech. Chit Chat or Pics and Videos at best....

If you want the GT look get it then!

Here are a couple of reviews from Amazon.com

Coming home to this package sitting on my front porch made my day. In fact, after the painless 2-3 hours spent installing it and then being able to review the results, I think it made my month.

The only negative aspect of this experience is that I had to file down a portion of my fuse box in order for their cables to be able to enter the box correctly, however the instructions explain this step clearly so at least I wasn't surprised.

The installation is a breeze. I took my time and re-read every step to ensure that I was doing it right and the entire process only took about 2 1/2 hours. You may need a fairly long-necked flat screwdriver to get to the grille connectors and release them.

The one part that confused me for a couple of moments:

When it is time to bring the wiring into the cockpit, the Street Scene instructions are a bit vague. Once you are done with fastening the wiring along the driver's side of the engine compartment, the boot that you will use to enter is directly below you in the driver's corner of the engine compartment. You'll have to drop the wire directly down into an enclosed area and then fish it through from inside the vehicle. Not difficult, just confusing at first.

Also, be careful attaching the fog lamps to the grille assembly. I used a power screwdriver to attach them and the mountings on the lamps are easy to snap if you over-tighten them.

excellent product that any novice can install and add serious style to their mustang within the space of a lazy afternoon. two thumbs up!

--------

UPDATE: Had the product installed for a week. Professional looking installation that anyone can do. I've literally never purchased an aftermarket product that literally fit like it was factory equipment. It looks amazing and works like a charm! After reviewing some photos of my original grill mounted on my Mustang I can guarantee that it fits 10X better than the OEM! Amazing! The additional airflow seems to lower my engine temperature (slightly...but regardless) and my heater and A/C seem more effective. I have changed my rating to 5 Stars as this product has more than lived up to expectations!

Turned out to be better than expected...

After purchasing multiple replacement grills for my Mustang I found myself shipping them back before ever even installing them. Odd bends, horrible lamp assemblies, sub-standard wiring, or just plain didn't fit at all (you've all read about the people buying the replacements for their V6 Mustangs where they had to relocate horns and extend wiring, etc.). This assembly was perfect...in comparison.

Pros:

Ease of installation

Best upgrade option for grill short of GT conversion or aftermarket fascia

Fit and finish are wonderful...as close to OEM as I've found on any aftermarket shell...with slightly BETTER tolerances/clearance in particular areas

Excellent instructions (though at this point I can replace a grill shell blindfolded)

True automotive-grade wiring harness with quality bulbs (not one-month knock-offs that burn out at will)

Open grill design pushes more air into the radiator

No clearance issues with factory horn assembly or other OEM parts

(of little importance but...)Provided toggle switch color matches perfectly with OEM interior

Securely mounted lamp housings that are easy to adjust and don't "bounce"

Cons:

Wiring instructions were good BUT...the fashion which they recommend wiring into the fuse block and splicing into other wires is unnecessary and kind of tacky.

(Search the web for instructions on wiring halos or fog lamps and see how professionals tap into the fuse block and piggyback factory wires.)

Lamp "covers" are relatively cheap plastic (remedied by laminate protective covers)

Lamp "covers" are not extremely well-sealed from the elements. Used some sealant to make them air-tight

Simply put...great OEM quality replacement with better looks, added visibility, and an easy to install product that literally any person with an ounce of patience could manage in under 2 hours (3 if you only knew "red is hot, black is not" and had to have someone hand you the flat head screwdriver). I would have given the product five stars if the lamp housings were of better quality. I will likely upgrade in the near future. Otherwise, I would recommend this product

Mirrorweave

forum member
Reaction score
Quite a fast reponse :thanks1:, and I'm truly sorry if this wasn't worthy of the Tech section, since my goal was truly finding out about the wiring that was included more so then anything (although I didn't really mention it in the original post). That review is quite detailed and reading through it does seem to be what I'm looking for, so I think I might pull the trigger. I'm planning on adding LED or CCFL Halo fogs to match my headlights instead of the standard OEM bulbs, so hopefully I don't have any issues wiring/fitting since it says it does fit all aftermarket GT size fogs.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Nice Halo's were my first project on the car.

DSCN0538.jpg

Mirrorweave

forum member
Reaction score
Ya, I get compliments all the time on the halo headlights, and I think halo fogs look even better. Sweet ride btw :thumb2:.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back