StreetCar 1320 S197 Shootout Sept 18th!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but there's a few other things that I'm concentrating on right now. Also, my car is set-up with a 26 spline input shaft so the regular 3650 won't work.

Over the winter if I'm still getting overtime at work I'll probably get the 3650 re-built since I do prefer stick shift.

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have some bad news...

I got a call the other day letting me know that they are not going to run the S197 program at Cecil on the 9th during the Ultimate Outlaws Event. I apologize for the inconvenience and wanted to thank everyone that came out to race at the last 2 events. We really had a blast and look forward to figuring out how to do it again real soon.

Chris had a good idea that maybe everyone who was planning on attending still goes and races in one of the bracket classes (Top, Mod or Street ET) already on the regular schedule to show support for the event. Maybe if we come up with a good number of S197s they might consider adding it back onto the card for next season.

We will still be at the event helping to support the cause, and I hope to see everyone there.

Thanks,
Dave

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sucks Dave, I bet this third time would have been the best turnout too.

Laura and I will be there to race anyhow. I think JJ is still interested, and we'll try to grab a few others to show up so we can hang under the tent and take naps...

Art, you still showing up?

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, gonna be there no matter what! Everybody should STILL come out and race!!

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I hear you on that one John, I really liked Cecil when we went there for the Yellow Bullet Nationals with Chris. It was a nice short drive and seemed like it was a good location to draw a crowd from all over for this third event. Well, lets make the best of the situation right. A day at the track is way better than yard work or house projects for sure!

Chris, Nate and Adam were awesome to us at the last 2 events so I'm definitely in for this one. I'll see everyone there!

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I don't see any info for the event as far as brackets or indexes. Anyone have a link?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Art, nothing's posted about the Cecil event so I'm making assumptions based on the The Ultimate Outlaw brochure for the MIR event. Maybe Dave can ping Nate about it--I didn't see it on GoneDragRacing.com forums either...

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Yup...no info..AMI was at MIR in conjuction with outlaws..may not be the case for Cecil...

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Looking at the ultimate outlaw rules I wouldn't be able to run due to the tire size rules....it says

Tires

All cars must compete on one of the following mass produced Drag Radial tires with the following sidewall designation.

275/60, 295/65, 325/50 or 315/60

I've got 275/50/17 which counts me out. I hope I am not reading the correct rules though, the section I looked under was "2010 Outlaw Drag Radial/ Limited Street Rules "

The info is on http://ultimateoutlaws.com/Home.html

Last edited:

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Looking at the ultimate outlaw rules I wouldn't be able to run due to the tire size rules....it says

I've got 275/50/17 which counts me out.

The info is on http://ultimateoutlaws.com/Home.html

That's for the outlaw, x275, 8.50 index classes...There is usually a track specific event that runs in conjuction with them..That's the info that is not available at this time

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
There's a separate section for the X275 though, that's why I thought the section that is listed as "2010 Outlaw Drag Radial/ Limited Street Rules" pertained to the bracket racing. I guess one of us needs to call Cecil and ask.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
shittttttt... i was looking forward to this. By the looks of it, i thought this one would have been the best turnout.

Last edited:

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
shittttttt... i was looking forward to this. By the looks of it, i thought this one would have been the best turnout.

Yes I agree and think it would have been the best turnout so far. I think we could have had a full field this time around and are bummed about this one being cancelled as well.

JJ

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I know everyone is bummed out. We are too. I'll talk to Chris and see what he wants to do. In the meantime I talked to Adam and he said there will not be brackets like at the last few events and if a car doesn't fit into the 10.0 or 12.0 index they will probably want to enter the pro dial class, very similar to the brackets with a pro tree. He said rules can be found at Cecil's website under Saturday Streetcar Shootout Section. I'll go see if I can find a link.

Followed a link from Cecils site to YB and got a list of everything else cut from the roster for the 9th:
"There will not be 10.5, 275DR, ODR, 8.50 and 7.50 at the November race. This will allow the people that are attending MIR’s World Cup not to have conflicting races. The November race will be opened up to Test and Tune and P/S, S/S, P/D,P/DB,10.00 and 12.00 will count as points in these classes."

Here is the link. http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281212

Also here is the info I found on Cecil's site for rules. It's on their home page on left side midway down the page. It is a link to download a .pdf file.

10.00 and 12.00 Index - 1/4 mile racing, 16 car qualified field
1..500 Pro tree
2. Full bodied street cars only.
3.Finished interiors.
4. Lexan windows permitted.
5. Mufflers mandatory ( inserts are NOT mufflers)
6. DOT tires only max tire size of 30x13.5 or any size drag radial.
7. Gasoline only ( alcohol and nitro prohibited, E85 permitted)
8. Stock frame and back half cars permitted (full round or square chassis cars prohibited)
9 Tubs allowed.
10. Pnuematic and electric throttle stops prohibited
11. Delay devices prohibited ( 2step and trans brake allowed)
12. Any type power adder permitted.
13. NHRA Pro ladder
14. Deep staging permitted but auto start will be on at ALL times.
15. Full front bench seat or 2 front bucket seats mandatory
PRO DIAL all run field
1. .500 pro tree Dial your car
2. Full bodied street appearing cars only
3. Mufflers mandatory (inserts are NOT mufflers)
4. Throttle stops and Delay devices PROHIBITED.
5.Trans brake and 2step permitted.
6. Deep staging permitted but auto start will be on at ALL times.

Last edited:

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm..12.0 index, maybe I'll try that...

Thanks for the info Dave, Cecils phone had a busy signal all day.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well that stinks. Not sure I'll go to this particular event at this point--I may just hit the Mason Dixon test and tune unless it's hot, then an index race would be fine.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back