Stripes? yes or no

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of how I want my car to look when it is done. It is a 2010GT brillant silver. I decided to go with a Saleen grill and maybe change the wing. But I saw a silver car the other day that had black stripes that I didnt like. I just got a quick look at it but there was something I didnt like but cant put my finger on it. But than yesterday I saw a silver/black stiped car at the car wash and it looked very nice. Both cars were the s197 body but one looked sweet and the other just didnt seem right.
Any opinions on stripes? or post some different stripe looks.

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
I had never liked stripes before so I can see how many would not like them. But I like them on a new body style. Would never put them on my 04 Cobra however.

DSC_0577.jpg

1.jpg

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
As far as clean and simple I am going with a saleen grill , a roush stage 3 so it is just lowered a little than I am really leaning toward putting the 2010gt stock replica 18x10 wheels with 275 or 305 tires on the back.

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
NO on the stripes. I have them on my car and I wish I would have taken them off As soon I bought it. To much hassle to keep em clean. I will prob have to repaint the car when I decide to take em off.

joebazan

forum member
Reaction score
IMO, if you do the stripes, make sure you do the "pin stripe" on the outsides. Otherwise they look kinda cheap. Those stripes on the above pic from Shane look bad ass.

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
i had stripes on the car in my sig but i traded it in and at first didnt want to add stripes to my gt but now i think i am but it will be simple. Its all what you prefer. Maybe someone can photoshop your car with different kinds of stripes to see what you like.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I like the stripes, but not black. Either colors or ghost strips for me.

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
I think its hit and miss. looks great on some colors and complete crap on others.. to each his own though, do what you like, its your ride!!

merk

forum member
Reaction score
As far as clean and simple I am going with a saleen grill , a roush stage 3 so it is just lowered a little than I am really leaning toward putting the 2010gt stock replica 18x10 wheels with 275 or 305 tires on the back.
Should look good man.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
IMO stripes can either make or break a car. But, It all depends on the person and the car. Everyone has a different opinion, like for example I hate stripes that don't go from bumper to bumper, but the next guy will like them. It's all in what you want. Best way is to use photoshop or use your imagination with different stripes on your car.

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
IMO stripes can either make or break a car. But, It all depends on the person and the car. Everyone has a different opinion, like for example I hate stripes that don't go from bumper to bumper, but the next guy will like them. It's all in what you want. Best way is to use photoshop or use your imagination with different stripes on your car.

You hate my car...:wtf:

.......:kma:

Jivefive0

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah like everyone says its hit or miss. I have seen ghost stripes which are cool because it makes you do a double take.
but i have seen where stripes on certain color combos make it pop and look really good.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
You hate my car...:wtf:

.......:kma:

Haha, nah man it looks very aggressive from the rear :roflmao: . Your's doesnt look bad in the front, But It'd look better if the stripes continued down the bumper IMO, but it doesn't look as bad as the dual stripes. I think dual stripes from the top of the trunk to the hood look hideous. We're all different haha.

jpe

forum member
Reaction score
dont do it i hated mine when i bought it with black stripes. they are to played out for me.

Back