Stupid 2009 thermostat housing

Brand-X

forum member
Reaction score
I've searched my Haynes manual, the diy's on this forum, and my phone won't let me search threads here. I had my first overheat experience yesterday and I'm petty site my thermostat is stuck closed. I can't find any good pics or descriptions of the housing on the 2009. I think it's in the house fitting where the top hose enters the engine, but there's also a junction where the bottom house and the reservoir house come together. Even looks thru the lists of pdf's above and no findy..help?:asskiss2:.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If you look under the alt, there's an aluminum crossover tube. It's in there. Drivers side I think.

If you click the search button, then hit advanced search, you can search from your phone.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The housing is located on the drivers side front of the motor. Two bolts but the intake has to be loosened to access one of them.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I've searched my Haynes manual, the diy's on this forum, and my phone won't let me search threads here. I had my first overheat experience yesterday and I'm petty site my thermostat is stuck closed. I can't find any good pics or descriptions of the housing on the 2009. I think it's in the house fitting where the top hose enters the engine, but there's also a junction where the bottom house and the reservoir house come together. Even looks thru the lists of pdf's above and no findy..help?:asskiss2:.

You are correct, it is where the top hose goes to the coolant crossover.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is an 08 but the 09 is the same. First picture is the crossover and the T-Stat housing, second pictures is the T-Stat in the crossover.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back