Super Shaker Installed

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Kenneth, Ive got your tune buddy. I dont have your email address though, tried calling with no answer. I sent it to my personal email and will keep checking the boards to see if you read this. PM me your email address and ill send it over to you!

Ill get yours done tommorow Barrett! We're about to pack up and leave today.

JimIII

:clap:

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shit, just coming back in from offshore,I'll send the E-mail address to your E-mail JimIII,.

Thanks

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been following along with your progress and it's nice to see your results are positive. I have an 05 with the Saleen that I installed and am thinking about the Shaker setup for my car. I have a Rousch Hood scoop I bolted on mine and I wondering once you cut the hood could you post a picture of the hole and basic size and just reference it from the back egde of the hood. I'd hate to have to fill some holes later on.
Do you plan on getting it dyno'd after the install to see what the increase of power /tq is over the standard SC setup? Thanks and got luck>Hope the power increase is worht it all.:beer:

It may be a couple days but I'll get some measurments for you,as for as a dyno tune not too sure on that.
I'll definitely go do a pull though just to check everything out.

Kenneth, Ive got your tune buddy. I dont have your email address though, tried calling with no answer. I sent it to my personal email and will keep checking the boards to see if you read this. PM me your email address and ill send it over to you!

Ill get yours done tommorow Barrett! We're about to pack up and leave today.

JimIII

Thanks JimIII, sent E-mail address to your E-mail.
i'll call him and tell him to get with you jim

Thanks Beau, was out of phone service for a while.(offshore)

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice! I was looking at your pics and it would seem there is no clearance for a fuel pressure adapter! That is to bad, I was hoping to get one of these. Well, I hope you see a decent increase in power with this mod!

If your talking about the fuel pressure gauge, I have one. the block sits under the shaker.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, you have a tune now, how does it run? What are the differences? :beerdrink:

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, you have a tune now, how does it run? What are the differences? :beerdrink:

Finished car pics View attachment 5724

View attachment 5725

View attachment 5726

View attachment 5727

I was able to go take the car for a ride last night, after loading the tune.

There is a noticeable power increase the car pulls hard up to 120 (let off after that)

Our track opens up on the 7th of next month so I'll be able to post some track times after that.

Seems like the throttle response is better, also showing about 1.5 lbs. more boost than before.

On the plus side I took the car to work this morning and averaged almost 2 mpg better with the same driving style.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Outstanding. If JDM can figure out putting a better MAF on with these I may have to seriously consider it.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been following along with your progress and it's nice to see your results are positive. I have an 05 with the Saleen that I installed and am thinking about the Shaker setup for my car. I have a Rousch Hood scoop I bolted on mine and I wondering once you cut the hood could you post a picture of the hole and basic size and just reference it from the back egde of the hood. I'd hate to have to fill some holes later on.
Do you plan on getting it dyno'd after the install to see what the increase of power /tq is over the standard SC setup? Thanks and got luck>Hope the power increase is worht it all.:beer:

Not the best pic but this was right after I cut the hood but it will give you an idea on measurmentsView attachment 5735

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
whats wrong with the MAF?

You have to use the stock MAF or the Saleen 98mm MAF with this I'm pretty sure. I remember Jim III saying that they were working on getting a Lighting MAF or a SCT MAF to work with this but I had not heard or seen anything where they had got it working with one.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
They think the rain guard is a restriction and have made 540+ on a PJ with a 3.0 pulley. Jr said that the 3.0 wasn't making as much boost as they are used to seeing. This is why I am sticking with a 3.2 for now.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have to use the stock MAF or the Saleen 98mm MAF with this I'm pretty sure. I remember Jim III saying that they were working on getting a Lighting MAF or a SCT MAF to work with this but I had not heard or seen anything where they had got it working with one.

True I had to put my stock MAF back in.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I could use my SCT MAF or a lightning MAF with a MAFIA I probably would have ordered this so I could put my stock hood back on.

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
From what i understand from Jim, the ba5000 maf will probably be what they use in the end, once they are done with their testing. Hopefully he can chime in on this.

Back