Suspension setup opinions for my 08 GT?

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking into changing my current suspension setup for something more drag oriented. The car is currently stock suspension wise except for some Eibach sportlines. I've searched around and to be honest am pretty confused about what I want. I'm looking to spend around 800 bucks. I'm cutting around 2 second 60' times leaving at 3-3500. And while I know a nice sticky tire would help alot, I can't help but feeling that the suspension is definitely not up to par lol. I've been looking at Strange and Viking, but any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated as this is my first Mustang.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
My setup has been working pretty well for me.

BBR billet LCAs
J&M adjustable UCA
BMR UCA mount
BMR LCA relocation brackets
Strange adjustable struts/shocks
Adjustable panhard bar
Front swaybar delete/radiator support
Prothane rear differential bushing

For a good start you still want sticky tires, I am sure you get get away with LCA relocation brackets and some adjustable rear shocks.

nelsonbullitt

forum member
Reaction score
So, you are lowered?
LCA relocation brackets (the newer UMI are serious stuff) for 120 or so will change the angle of the lower control arm to make it much harder for the axle to lift up on takeoff. It will bite much harder. Just be careful that you do not over do it.
Although a bit more than you want to spend, I would STRONGLY recommend you put in the Ford Racing Tokico adjustable shocks/struts( run about 800)'.
You can crank the damping/rebound for drag racing and change up for sport driving. It will transform your s197.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's lowered alot lol. More than I like. More than anything I'd like to do away with the eibachs and stock struts/ shocks and go with something else. I've been looking at the cobra jets springs, but haven't been able to figure out if they're any good based on alot of mixed reviews.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lotta good threads on here cover it well. Search is your friend.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Those rear sportline springs need to go if you are serious about improving your 60ft. I bet you are slamming the bump stops and shocking the tires on launch.

I would recommend swapping out the rear springs for some BMRs and put some sticky tires on. I bet with just those two changes your 60ft will drop considerably.

I ran consistent 1.5xs with sportline springs up front, BMR rear springs, Tokico D specs, the usual control arm upgrades, and a bias ply setup.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty terrible off the line. I appreciate the input guys. For real.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Lol I am. I'm really digging those ford racing shocks/struts, but they're pretty expensive. I'd like to find something a little cheaper. Just not really sure what else is good for less.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Lol I am. I'm really digging those ford racing shocks/struts, but they're pretty expensive. I'd like to find something a little cheaper. Just not really sure what else is good for less.

Check my first post :beerdrink:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
My setup has been working pretty well for me.

BBR billet LCAs
J&M adjustable UCA
BMR UCA mount
BMR LCA relocation brackets
Strange adjustable struts/shocks
Adjustable panhard bar
Front swaybar delete/radiator support
Prothane rear differential bushing

For a good start you still want sticky tires, I am sure you get get away with LCA relocation brackets and some adjustable rear shocks.
11sec n/a 3v :beerdrink:

I've been looking at the cobra jets springs, but haven't been able to figure out if they're any good

I'm running cobra jet springs (M-5300-Q), they're working well for me...

Last edited:

nelsonbullitt

forum member
Reaction score
Do you only want a drag racing spring?

Again, if you take out your setup and put in the FRPP adjustables and P springs, you can pre install the springs on the struts without compressor. Sell your old stuff on ebay for a few bucks. 1,000 will really make your car fun to drive and easy to squat at the strip.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
I mean I drive it alot going back and forth to work and going out on weekends, but I'm more concerned with track performance than I am street performance. Not really big into corners and all that jazz lol

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking into changing my current suspension setup for something more drag oriented. The car is currently stock suspension wise except for some Eibach sportlines. I've searched around and to be honest am pretty confused about what I want. I'm looking to spend around 800 bucks. I'm cutting around 2 second 60' times leaving at 3-3500. And while I know a nice sticky tire would help alot, I can't help but feeling that the suspension is definitely not up to par lol. I've been looking at Strange and Viking, but any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated as this is my first Mustang.

I would raise it up some, but UPR LCA relocation brackets will help with your suspension geometry. The Strange 10-way shocks and struts work well. We also have Viking shocks available, which are excellent, but the Viking struts won't be available for a few more months.

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
Mine is lowered an inch and a half with a stock 3v , a good gear and BMR suspension, it went 11.90s with low 1.60s 60ft

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got my taxes back and ready to get this thing started. As stated previously, my budget is around 800 to 1000 bucks. I'm thinking about going bmr sp068 springs, strange or viking adjustable shocks and lca's. Do I REALLY need struts too or will this be sufficient?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
SP068, RLCA Brackets in the middle or lowest position, and Viking Shocks......and you will be set. You will also be able to reach me, and get assistance on getting the car to work properly....which alone, is worth the cost of the parts IMO. ;)

I do recommend the struts....but you can start without them if you like. We can get it working decently without them right now.

Also...the SP068 literally flew off our shelves since releasing them.

To my knowledge, the only place that has them in stock is Latemodel:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...g-GT-BMR-Drag-Lowering-Spring-Kit-05-14-SP068

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I guess I'll get the springs from them and the rest from you guys.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Just ordered the springs. The only shipping option they gave me was ups ground. Hopefully it doesn't take 2 years for them to get here lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back