Suspension setup opinions for my 08 GT?

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Easiest answer would have been look up lindertw threads, read and follow, he has done what other have that worked and has achieved stellar results
I am doing similar this year, all bmr, strange 10 ways and sticky tires

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Easiest answer would have been look up lindertw threads, read and follow, he has done what other have that worked and has achieved stellar results
thanks - but I must caveat that the D/A and track prep at Maryland International Raceway is also a factor :boobies:

Last edited:

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, the track I run at is a small family owned 1/8 mile track. And to be honest, it's complete shit lol

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Don't skimp on the relo brackets and LCAs. They are worth every dollar and some. I am only lowered with P springs 1 inch drop and didn't think I needed the relos. Boy was I wrong. I make 100+ passes a year and the car handles so much better now. Strange adjustables too. They are a must have.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
My springs are on backorder unfortunately. Just gonna wait it out and order my viking shocks and bmr relos in the meantime. I know this is a long shot, but how much do you guys think I can pick up with the suspension mods? My best time last year was an 8.91 with the sportlines, airaid intake, bama tune and psi at 18. Gonna be running street tires still.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Damn really? Slicks are kind of out of the question considering all of my money is going to suspension.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Man you brought this back from the dead lol.

My best last year was an 8.47 in the 1/8th.
Last year's setup:

Airraid cai, pypes offroad x pipe, 2013 variant Cobra Jet springs, front sway bar removed, bmr lca's, bmr relo brackets with 15x8 and 15x3.75 Racestars and 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson et street radials. 5 speed.

Over the winter I added Ford Racing 4.10s, Bbk tuned length shorties and a wot box.

Unfortunately the past 2 times I've been to the track, I haven't run better than an 8.50.

I'm beginning to think I have a few fouled plugs.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back