SVE Drag Wheels vs Race Stars

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
The SVE wheels is basically a copy of the Race Star wheel, which was originally designed and made by Greg Weld Motorsports. Greg Weld Started Weld Racing. He sold Weld and later started Greg Weld Motorsports. Had a legal battle with the new owners of Weld and then he passed away. The guys that own Race Star bought the rights and molds and stuff.

Those guys changed and redesigned the wheels to fit late model cars. The were basically the first to bring relatively inexpensive wheel to the market that fits big brake cars.

SVE copied them and changed the lugs to conical instead of shank. Both are perfectly fine. Lots of whinny bitches complain about the shank lug nuts because they can't figure out how to install them. Becasue they couldn't figure out the mounting, they blamed their inadequacies on the wheel being made in China. As point of fact, every Weld Drag Lite, Drag Star and Rod Lite were shank. I've never heard someone complain about that.

I never had a problem with my Race Stars. They were well made and light. The only legit complaints are the Race Star lug nuts. They are junk and will rust the first time they get wet. Solution is McGards or Gorilla lug nuts. Also my wheels had different center caps. Two were short and two were tall like the SVE wheels have (but I bought my wheels before SVE was on the market).

LMS came in after a while and released their wheel and promptly took it off market for a little while. Speculation as to why ran wild for a bit. Some felt their might be legal action from Race Star against LMS. The reason has never been revealed as far as I know. I have not used the LMS wheels but I suspect the are a fine wheel too.

It just comes down to personal preference.

Great info, thanks for the clarification.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back