Sve series 2 wheels ......

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Well after six months.....

Oh well .....you get what you pay for.... they offered their warranty to me if I purchase a new set of wheels they will ship them to me and then when I pay to ship mine back they will refund me. Or I can pay to ship mine back and they will send me new ones....I figure it will cost $50-80 to ship them back...what do u guys think? Then the time and money to go have the tires removed and then put back on. I honestly just dont think I should have to put out any money for this?

Am I wrong in this?

Last edited:

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I'm with you, shouldn't have to pay anymore money.
Thing is, we're at the mercy of the vendors.

Tell me, did these come from Late Model Restoration?
I've been looking at their drag wheels but your ordeal may change my mind.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I'm with you, shouldn't have to pay anymore money.
Thing is, we're at the mercy of the vendors.

Tell me, did these come from Late Model Restoration?
I've been looking at their drag wheels but your ordeal may change my mind.

Yep...I purchased them new back at the end of January this year put them on in February.

I dd it some....live in NC so we dont have a salt problem or sand. Been to the beach twice...and use soap and water to clean them. Occasionally wipe them down with some detail spray thats it.

The two back wheels are both showing the same signs of flaking.

I know its not alot of extra money to get them replaced under their warranty but at the same time. If its a problem with the wheel and the lips and centers have a two year finish warranty I think they could easily send me a label to ship them back in...I still have my original boxes. They can swap out my tires on a new set and roll on.

However another fear is what happens down the road. Ive seen several older sets of wheels like the bullets etc with the same design...... once the clear goes.....the lips look terrible. I wish I would have saved my money and bought something else.

Last edited:

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
That is fucking bullshit. LMR should send you a RMA number and shipping label on their dime and replace the rims. The fact that they want you to pay to return them is ridiculous because that is clearly a manufacturer defect.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised that's all they're doing for you. Historically, the top vendors (LMR, Lethal, CJ, AM) all have outstanding customer service. I'd personally be more unhappy with the time it'd take to do all the swapping rather than the cash.

04DarkShadowGT

forum member
Reaction score
I am surprised too. I had an issue with two wheels at AM. They sent return tags and sent new wheels right away. I paid nothing extra other than gas to go to UPS. That is great service.

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
I received 3 sets of defective foose rear wheels from MHT before they could finally ship two good ones.
Back in the day, the rear 20 x 10s where hard to get

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Good to know im not the only who sees it this way....I over reacted some during the first phone call.

But after he told me it was like any other warranty such as a parts store on an alternator. I take it back they replace it.

I was like yeah....but the part store is in town not in another state. I had an issue with the style bar six months after buying it from American muscle and they sent a new bar to me. Then I shipped the old bar back with their return label. So I would have a box because I didn't keep that box. They never once ask me to purchase another bar before they would replace mine.

He told me that if they had to pay for all their warranty return shipping they would go out of business. I simply replied that if they dont up their quality they might anyway.

I said I know what u guys did...you take the best wheel on the market a True Forged design and copy it first with the series 1 a mach five design and continue on witht he Victory and now the chicane. ...I said my TF wheels are five years old and I've never had an issue.

I basically said from this point on I feel its only going to hurt you as I'll continue to drive my car to shows and get together s and when people see the wheels flaking like a bad sunburn....I'll let them decide if they want to purchase your products.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
That looks like it may just be the sealant around the wheel. Look up how to repolish wheels and with a little bit of elbow grease and time you can easily make those look better than new.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
That looks like it may just be the sealant around the wheel. Look up how to repolish wheels and with a little bit of elbow grease and time you can easily make those look better than new.

No they clear these wheels...so its the clear coat coming off the polish.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I have had good luck in the past with LMR and their customer service. They have always treated me right. Like quicksilver said, try PMing their rep here on the forum.

Hope it works out for you. Those are good looking rims!

Phillip@LMR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well after six months.....

Oh well .....you get what you pay for.... they offered their warranty to me if I purchase a new set of wheels they will ship them to me and then when I pay to ship mine back they will refund me. Or I can pay to ship mine back and they will send me new ones....I figure it will cost $50-80 to ship them back...what do u guys think? Then the time and money to go have the tires removed and then put back on. I honestly just dont think I should have to put out any money for this?

Am I wrong in this?

Hey @91SVTcoupe, I have been informed that our sales manager Jeff Jimenez has spoken with you on this issue. He will be contacting you again very shortly with a solution to this issue. We are going to go above and beyond to get this taken care of. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email. ([email protected] 254-296-6598)

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Hey @91SVTcoupe, I have been informed that our sales manager Jeff Jimenez has spoken with you on this issue. He will be contacting you again very shortly with a solution to this issue. We are going to go above and beyond to get this taken care of. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email. ([email protected] 254-296-6598)

And that is why I buy from these guys!

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
And yet it took this thread being started to get the warranty issue resolved in the proper manner. It should have never come to this.
Right? How different is the customer service for people who aren't a member of a popular forum - people who can't as easily raise a stink and damage their precious customer relations?

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I got a call today but was busy at work going to call back in a few.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^That's awesome man! Congrats on the outcome.

Right? How different is the customer service for people who aren't a member of a popular forum - people who can't as easily raise a stink and damage their precious customer relations?

I have had great customer service from LMR by making a simple phone call when I was disappointed with an order I placed a year or so ago. They took good care of me to make sure I was satisfied with the resolution. I didn't have to put them on blast on a forum.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back