swaybar for the fays2 watts rear link?

snopro442

forum member
Reaction score
what sway bar should I use after I install the fays2 watts link? I heard that some of the aftermarket sway bars rub, any info would be great, Thanks!

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure because of how the Fays mounts but check out Whiteline. The Whiteline unit bolts to the axle tubes so not sure if it would clear the fays.

snopro442

forum member
Reaction score
right now I have the frpp rear swaybar (eibach) and some say that it will rub. I would like to have all the correct parts before I do the install.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
StranoParts RSB works

This. Also stock bars work and I would think stock routed bars would work to (Eibach, FRPP). You could always call Jim and I'm sure he would have an idea as to what fits and what doesn't.

Also, nice to see another S197 autocrosser on here, and one with quite a decorated car and driver too! :D <Is rooting for the Dollmeyer Mustang in ESP!>

sholzer

forum member
Reaction score
Whiteline rear sway will not work with the Fays2, steeda, etc watts links IIRC

I'd go with the strano rear, but I'm sure the FRPP will not have any clearance problems until you get wide wheels and tires (at which point any stock bar location bar will have some clearance issues)

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
I've had both Eibach and Strano's bar on mine w/no trouble. Can't see any trouble with the stock bar either, though I have yet to put that back in place to confirm (I'm not worried about fitment).

Best,
-j

brdollmeyer

Reaction score
Also, nice to see another S197 autocrosser on here, and one with quite a decorated car and driver too! :D <Is rooting for the Dollmeyer Mustang in ESP!>

Well thanks...but it is the "Bergstrom Mustang".
Glad to see you're entered at Nats. See you there.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score

You drive a hard bargain! :idea: <Is rooting for the Dollmeyer/Bergstrom Mustang in ESP!>

I'm not sure which of you two I talked to at Nats last year about running our generation Mustang in STX but it was enlightening, just not enough to keep me from trying anyway! :D Some of us (ok just me) are a bit dense though!

I look forward to Nats this year and meeting you guys again!

chilema

Reaction score

Hey Britt! Howard from El Toro. Nice to find you on here!

(After all this time I'm still trying to formulate my thread post on how badly I got my ass handed to me lol!)

brdollmeyer

Reaction score
Hey Britt! Howard from El Toro. Nice to find you on here!

(After all this time I'm still trying to formulate my thread post on how badly I got my ass handed to me lol!)

Sorry about the thread jack SnoPro.

Hey Howard! You did great on Saturday...then there's days we all kick our own ass! Great to see you and Brian out there.
See you next time.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
My bar does indeed work with the Fays2, in fact it was designed to do just that. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back