Switch C&L manifold for FRPP manifold?

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I almost may just switch turbos to avoid downtime and go to a precision or turbonetics.

Edit. Just realized summer is pretty much over so there won't really be any downtime

Last edited:

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
Justin is who I deal with at Comp so give him a call to see what he says.

I've been emailing him back and forth. I sent him some pics and a video last night so we'll see what he says. I can't think of anything but the turbo that would cause it to spool so late. Jeremy is running the same hotside I am and the crappy intercooler is gone.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Dont go to a turbonetics. Your turbo should be under warranty so no need to spend more money.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
how many miles on the turbo? when i first installed mine i was like WTF? this thing is a POS.....now i feel the complete opposite.

how fast it spools is relative to what gear you are in and the load on the engine...

it took 1000-1500 miles to get mine spooling the way it does now. your looks like it has not been broken in yet.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
If I use the tip of my finger to spin mine, it spins pretty easy and just keeps spinning.

I'd go to a .81 hot side while you have it apart

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I'm considering the .81 and the .70. With my goal only being 500 - 520. I'm think in can spool crazy fast with the .70 and still get where I want. I always have the .96 when I go forged. I'll see what Justin says about it.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
If you go with the .70 I can almost guarantee that the top of your dyno graph will be down slope or atleast flat. It will probably make max power before the motor does and torque will decrease at the top of the power band as well. It will spool fast but will look like the graph of one of the ecoboost motors. You dont want a it to look like a mountain per se. You want the motor to top out before the turbo stops becoming efficient

aleborjas

forum member
Reaction score
i have a firends car with .81 A/R and its done at 6000 rpms, also i've seen cars with on3 performance turbo kit that is a small a/r i guess .70 also and its done past 5k, so for me .81 is the way to go on stock engine

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back