T56 Magnum XL reverse lockout

VistaBlueS197

forum member
Reaction score
I've tried searching but cannot find a good write up/information. How is the reverse lockout wired in a magnum xl transmission in a 2006 GT, I thought it was a plug and play setup but I was obviously wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
My guess would be you can either wire a switch or wire it to the brake light switch.

Someone makes a module I believe that opens the solenoid under something like 5mph. But I don't remember who it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
The T-56 magnum and TR-6060 both use an electronic lockout, which wasn't used in the 05-10 Mustang GT's (only in the GT500). When I did my 6060 swap I bought a reverse lockout control module kit, but found with the shifter I have the effort wasn't too bad so I never installed it.

I bought the kit from Summit...it's from American Powertrain. Part #AWR-ELUN-10013. If you need one I would sell you mine...it's still new in the box and came with wiring instructions. Paid $124, would take $100 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
It's not as much a "lock-out" as it is a "this-is-slightly-harder-to-push-through". In short, I've just pushed through in the couple of tr6060 swaps I've done, as well as on the T56 Magnum I have now.

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
You can find the pigtails for 5 bucks on ebay, just run the wire to the brake switch

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...eTvT1j8cNSfWymU4_QrM4OUaW5mS5WIYaArYzEALw_wcB

http://americanpowertrain.com/i-23887161-reverse-lock-out-pigtail-for-tremec-magnum-6-speed.html

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/TREM...91gQkXg-leDZcHcd_xyKZO8htRNfeNK4aAjbDEALw_wcB

There's three vendors...Summit is $8.00

I simply added a button on the panel that once was my cup-holder. It's the top-left red one. I'd have to confirm, but I believe it was as simple as running one wire to ground and the other to a +12V source. I went to Radio Shack and bought a momentary push-button. As other stated, you can use the brake, but I like the button idea better.

For the curious, the top right are my QTP cutout butterfly valve controls, bottom left is my master switch for my SLP line-lock, bottom right is my Off/On for my Snow Performace Stage 3 meth injection system, and the LED in the middle is my methanol fluid low light. Because Racecar.

2v23cJau8xUQZjg.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I wired a switch to activate it right by the e-brake, I just flick it back and it lights up blue. :) I didn't go for the brake switch, I hear it just makes your solenoid do so much more work it doesn't have to do every time you press the brakes.Could be like 100 times if you're in traffic that thing is turning on and off. Just sounds like unnecessary wear.
23754674_10214976935601233_4412423944871809116_n.jpg

20127fk.jpg

Last edited:

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to hook it up to the Ebrake. Ebrake on = solenoid on. But the pigtail I got was wrong. (too small) So I just "push" through. Maybe this summer I will get around to it. lol

VistaBlueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info gents. I noticed I no longer have reverse lights either, is there a trick to those as well?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info gents. I noticed I no longer have reverse lights either, is there a trick to those as well?

If the reverse lights worked before the magnum swap, it could be something as simple as the switch on the trans not plugged in. That's where I would start.

cgornowich

forum member
Reaction score
I installed a "reverse lockout control module" from Modern Driveline. Easy to install and works like the factory would have done it. That will take care of Reverse.

As for the reverse lights not working, sounds like a pinched wire.

Just my 2 cents.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back