Take off problem from a stop

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
Just recently, like last week, my 05 auto gt started giving me a problem from a stop or when braking, occasionally. It will rev up and then start to go. It acts as though it slips in neutral while braking and then when trying to accelerate it slams into drive. At first I thought it was tune related, but I just put a new tune with the stock shifting pattern on my car from Brenspeed and it still is doing it. :chairfall: The only thing that has been done to my car prior to this would be a transmission fluid change and gear fluid change. I'm going to call the mechanics in a day or two and ask them what might have happened, but it will be at least 2-3 weeks before I can make it back there. Has anyone ever had a problem or hear of a problem like this and what the issue might be?

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
Yes, just occasionally from taking off or when hitting the brakes does it act like it is slipping into drive from neutral. I'm not sure why it doesn't do it all the time.

Edit: title is misleading it does it from a stop or anytime on deceleration and then accelerating after hitting the brakes.

Last edited:

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
I called the mechanic today he had the same idea as to what it was. I'll try to take it there Saturday and update this.

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it's not low on fluid, it could be your transmission pump. Back in 2009, mine would intermittently not go into gear unless I rev'ed it up to like 4000 RPM, then would slam into gear.

Only did it 3 times, at the track. The following year, one day it just wouldn't go into gear, after a long road trip. It was diagnosed by comparing line pressure to commanded pressure, if I remember what the service advisor told me.

Ford ended up replacing the transmission pump. Thankfully it was covered under my extended warranty, so I can't give you an idea on cost. Invoice only said "no charge".

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
I took it back to the mechanic and he filled it up with some more trans fluid. He said it wasn't really that low on fluid, but it seems to have fixed the problem after a week of driving it around.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back