Target Nitrous AFR

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
What is the best AFR to shoot for with a 150-200 horsepower shot? My tuner wants me to target 11.5:1-ish but hasn't really told me much about why.
It has always been my understanding you want the same AFR on the bottle as you do N/A, so I have been targeting 12.20 to be "safe" on the 100 shot I am working with now. My nitrous controller has closed loop operation with full AFR control so aside from jetting for AFR I can also just program the target and the controller reels it in as long as my jetting is in the right zone.
I was figuring he might feel like the richer AFR builds a safer environment for a shot that is pushing the stock bottom end to it's limit, maybe...I dunno.
Secondly can we talk about anyone doing a 200 shot build with their stock bottom end, I remember 07Procharger wanting to do it but the hours of searching I have in this have been fruitless with any real tech on the subject related to a 3v.

teeje

Reaction score
Ask lito, im sure he wont mind :D lol honestly wish I had some valid info for you bit I don't

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Friend of a friend that's hard core nitrous also said he shoots for an N/A type A/F. And he goes as far as splitting the metal on the plugs to read them better.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
N/a afrs are good for nitrous. I could see tuning rich if your trying to make up for some other issue like inadequate octane for goals, not enough control over spark tables, choked out exhaust, etc.

phattyfat

forum member
Reaction score
You want to run slightly richer than NA with spray for a couple of reasons. 1) is being able to run more advanced timing to allow peak cylinder pressure to be achieved prior to ignition therefore making more power. 2) keeping exhaust temperatures down due to the cooling effect the excess fuel has.
There is NO doubt heat is more of a concern in an engine in spray then a N/A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back