TB Rattle

Booya

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My TB rattles in the high rpm range and was wondering if the extra airflow from the CAI causes the throttle to "stall" and vibrate. Is there anyway to counter this?

G.T

Reaction score
My TB rattles in the high rpm range and was wondering if the extra airflow from the CAI causes the throttle to "stall" and vibrate. Is there anyway to counter this?

i've never heard of this issue before.
unplug your CAI from the throttle body and gently tap the TB blades to figure out where the "play" is coming from.

whether the blades are loose from the center shaft or the motor/gear assembly on the right side of the TB are giving way.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Never heard of that either...not sure what to say on that one. I am subscribing to see how it plays out...

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you stand at the front of the car under the hood while someone rev'd up the engine? I'm trying to figure out how you determined it's the TB? My guess is that something in the engine bay is loose.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you stand at the front of the car under the hood while someone rev'd up the engine? I'm trying to figure out how you determined it's the TB? My guess is that something in the engine bay is loose.

Yea I was kinda wondering that same thing. With all the noise carnage going on at high RPMs how would you know it was the TB from inside the car.

Booya

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I spent all day yesterday fiddling around with the CAI, I put on the Steeda full CAI and didn't have a rattle problem, put my C&L back on and it came back. I did notice after a few hard runs that the rattle was inconsistant. So 1-0 for you guys.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back