Tech tuning thread

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
How about a thread in tech for tuning related input and sharing input? I'm not talking about guys talking about tunes but tuners talking about tuning because some of us want to tune our own cars.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
That'd be cool but that's almost like asking tuners to take money out of their own pockets, by giving us both their time and knowledge and then they wouldn't be selling as many tunes

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Grabber, I completely disagree. Not many people will even want or try to tune themselves. While it sounds easy there are too many parameters for most people and can become very difficult.

In addition, tuning without a dyno is a pain in the ass and that will in itself turn guys away. I see no harm in spreading knowledge and helping others. However, many tuners are pompous asses and want to act as if they are the gods of the car world and won't share info, but those are generally the tools that break cars and think they know it all. No one knows it all and everyone is always learning.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
many tuners are pompous asses and want to act as if they are the gods of the car world and won't share info, but those are generally the tools that break cars and think they know it all. No one knows it all and everyone is always learning.

:thumb2:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents. If you really want to learn about tuning yourself, I wouldnt really expect to get that from a forum. More of a hands on and class type thing to learn.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back