Thanks Brenspeed!!!

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
Thanks for the install and tune of my FAP kit and misc parts.
It sure was nice to step into a place where everyone knew what they were doing. Special thanks to Chandler!!!

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
Pics are a must...

here are a few. we dropped the car off during a dyno day. THere were a few ridiculous cars there..

6hu748.jpg

28bxxeq.jpg

zkr2c2.jpg

rjpid1.jpg

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Not a problem! Hope you are out enjoying the car. Did you get a chance to take it down the track yet?

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
Not a problem! Hope you are out enjoying the car. Did you get a chance to take it down the track yet?

No, not yet, I keep planning on it but then it doesn't work out. I think I'm going to wait for the weather to cool down a little before I go. Hopefully my tires won't be gone by then.

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
So I finally got out to GLD tonight, had to before my tires were completely gone.
Overall I couldn't really hook well, but with gentle launches and some spin in 2nd I managed to stay below 2.0 60', which is still very bad, but I saw a stock 5.0 pull a 13.6 with a 2.6 60' (may have been his worst time of the night, only saw that one). I ran a 2.0 with an intake and mickeys in hot weather last time I was out there...

I started at 19 psi and worked my way down to 17. All runs were back to back, with the first one being the best ET and the last the best MPH.

best et: -- grind into 2nd, and some issues with 3rd.
60' 1.926
330' 5.438
1/8 8.241 at 90.87
1000' 10.641
1/4 12.628 at 114.30mph

best mph:
60' 2.057
330' 5.590
1/8 8.349 at 92.22mph
1/4 12.720 at 116.45

Next spring I will be getting some CHE tq limiters to fix my shifting issues, LCA with brackets to help traction. Then a couple weeks before September a fresh pair of mickeys. I started too early with this pair and they're pretty much gone, barely any tread left.

I was hoping to start off with low 12s, but it could have been worse...

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Thats not bad at all! A little more work and some stickier tires with a little larger size wall and you should have that thing in the low 12s high 11s very soon. The torque limiting brace will certainly help you with your shifts and getting the car into gear. With the added power, sometimes this is certainly an issue!

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
I'm happy with he traps, but not the ETs. At least there is potential. Next year I'm thinkng P305/45R18 ET streets II. I will probably be seeing you guys next spring :) . I'm putting the car in storage at the end of this month, so I'm done for now.

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good! I doubt the 305-45-18s are going to hook any more. You might want to look into a set of 15" wheels just for the track, this way you have a tire on it with more sidewall. More sidewall = more traction :)

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
Sounds good! I doubt the 305-45-18s are going to hook any more. You might want to look into a set of 15" wheels just for the track, this way you have a tire on it with more sidewall. More sidewall = more traction :)

That is probably a good idea. that way I can keep them stored and and throw them on for the strip, and keep steet tires on the car the rest of the time and not care that cold weather is coming in over night. thanks!

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly! And then you can save some more money and get the skinnys as well! Time to get serious :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back