The best, middle of the road and worst spray wax/sealants.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
The absolute BEST I have found yet that works amazing on my black car is Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Sealant spray. Leaves a killer shine with NO streaks. Easy on/easy off. I NEVER have to work at trying to eliminate streaks or a haze with this stuff. The shine is like a hard thick transparent glass shell. Amazing.

Middle of the road is Chemical Guys V7. Leaves a nice shine but can streak a little bit. Takes some mild action to get rid of the streaks and haze.

The absolute worst is Optimum Spray Wax. Despite the positive reviews out there this product totally sucks on a black finish. It streaks like crazy and leaves a haze no matter what I do. You have to work your ass off with a dry microfiber just to try and get the streaks and haze out. This is with a cool car, in a cool garage and low humidity. I've tried a spritz of water or a spritz of more product to get rid of the streaks and haze but it takes forever. I thought Optimum were supposed to be quality products? NEVER again will I buy this stuff for a black car. Never. I hate to throw the new bottle away so I'm currently using it on my white Challenger. It's a daily driver and needs the daily protection of a Carnuba based product. You can't see any streaking on the white so I can live with it.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I had a good link to a sealant showdown I found on the Autopia forums but I can't find it right now...Long story short the guy tested like 30 sealants to find out what worked best. I'll see if I can dig that up but it also doesn't really account for the new nano sealants on the market..

ModdedMach

Detailer of shiny things.
Reaction score
Have any of you guys used Sonax Brilliant shine detailer? Has similar blood in it as Sonax Polymer net shield.

Sonax doesnt actually advertise it as a stand alone or really pushes it much but its DAMN good, ive seen it last 3-4 months (2-3 strong) but its a QD that beads like a coating almost, super tight beading.

The ease of use cant be put into words, ive never seen it streak, not once. Works on glass, paint, plastic. You could wipe your car down every 6 weeks and never see a change in beading/protection.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Timmbo so your saying the bfwd spray doesn't leave any hazing? I am fed up and done with fk425 because no matter what I do it streaks on black. I've cut it 50/50 and even more...still no dice.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys used Sonax Brilliant shine detailer? Has similar blood in it as Sonax Polymer net shield.

Sonax doesnt actually advertise it as a stand alone or really pushes it much but its DAMN good, ive seen it last 3-4 months (2-3 strong) but its a QD that beads like a coating almost, super tight beading.

The ease of use cant be put into words, ive never seen it streak, not once. Works on glass, paint, plastic. You could wipe your car down every 6 weeks and never see a change in beading/protection.

I use sonax every time i wash the car, i really like it on the wheels.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I like Menzerna's Power Lock. It's not a spray-on sealant, but damn it, it lasts a long time and is so easy to work with.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Timmbo so your saying the bfwd spray doesn't leave any hazing? I am fed up and done with fk425 because no matter what I do it streaks on black. I've cut it 50/50 and even more...still no dice.

No hazing at all. Blackfire has the absolute best product IMO for black when it comes to a polymer spray sealant. I just received my 64oz refill bottle yesterday. It's expensive at 49.00 for 64oz but you definitely get what you pay for.

blackfire-wet-diamond-polymer-spray-64-oz-refill-4.gif

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
For quality and durability I like CarPro Reload. The feel is awesome, protection lasts a long time for a spray sealant and looks amazing! It can streak a little on black but high quality Microfiber towels and techniques for application really make all the difference.

Middle of the road is V07, smells good but doesn't really last much. It's also cheap as hell for a gallon

Worst is any of the otc stuff like mothers synthetic or similar products!

A pretty little pony wearing CarPro Reload
zuqy6ata.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Reload is great stuff, but does have a tendency to streak on dark paint. Just dilute 1:1 w/ H2O and it works like a dream.

BSD from Sonax like Modded says is great as well. I used it last winter along w/ Sonax polymer net shield. The Sonax combo lasts longer than Reload by itself, but both excellent products. And if you want to go w/ ease of application Hydro2 from CarPro. Doesn't last as long as the others but since its so easy to apply. I use it mainly for grilles and wheels. Mist what you want sealed w/ water, spray Hydro2 then hit it w/ high pressure hose or pressure washer, done, that easy.

ModdedMach

Reaction score
Another good "durable" spray sealant is Gtechniq C2V3. Its very durable but the application process is tricky and it will streak if you arent careful.

ModdedMach

Reaction score
Glad to see I wasn't the only one not blown away by CG V7.

Total waste. It was a GREAT QD, leaves the paint super slick, but they shouldnt have marketed it as a spray sealant- absolute dumbness.

But for adding a slickness...good stuff. lol

Back