The "BIG NITROUS" build

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Hell yeah man, im ready to see some action on the strip with the new setup. Whens the first outing and where at? Would like to see this in person.
Im aiming to test at Shadyside the first sunday in march....I will let ya know if that's for sure once the car hits the rollers.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Hit me up when you do, id like to come and check it out. Who did all the machine work and assembly?

My friend Jeremiah Hussey did the assembly of the short block. I assembled the rest of it. I didn't have all the proper stuff to gap the rings and properly check bearing clearences hince the reason I didn't build the short block, plus he has built hundreds of fast mod motors. Allisons machine shop in the Robbins/Asheboro area did the machine work on the short block and Maces machine shop, local to me did a 3 angle valve job on the heads after I ported them myself

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
If you get bored and wanna come help me out, Ive got a set of cams coming in that I could use a hand on. Ill provide beer and pizza!!!

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see your numbers! I was wondering though how come you went with the 127500 instead of the blower cam 127550? I was reading on another thread that the blower cam might be better for nitrous, because of the lsa.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see your numbers! I was wondering though how come you went with the 127500 instead of the blower cam 127550? I was reading on another thread that the blower cam might be better for nitrous, because of the lsa.

In addition to the 1 degree of lobe separation difference (112 vs 113), I like how the 550 favors the exhaust site in duration by 11 more degrees at .050 vs the 500 only favors it by 7 degrees.

Maybe drivability concerns with the duration being significantly higher for the 550?

The 550 specs:

ScreenShot2014-02-17at103520PM.png~original

The 500 specs:

ScreenShot2014-02-17at103353PM.png~original

Last edited:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
honestly I got a good deal on the 127500's AND the car will be ran N/A from time to time

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
haven't updated in a while so here goes:

first with help from the guys at S&H performance, I decided to upgrade the intank fuel pump to a AEM 320 which flows 340 lph at Jeremys recommendation. I modded my stock hat to make it work

Then it was off to the dyno for some base line pulls, the numbers seem low but this dyno is a known heart braker in the area plus my car is an auto and was pulled on 28x10.5 slicks which im sure don't help. Night and day forsure tho. It lacks some down low due to the change to 28's with a 3.73 gear but I believe it will do fine on nitrous. Solid lines are the pulls on my stock motor ( on stock wheels and tires), dotted lines are the new numbers. Im know it makes good power as it took the new fuel pump all the way to 78% duty cycle n/a!

corrected numbers are 320/288 on a mustang dyno

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
im thrilled....it pulls so hard up top its crazy

Jday14

Reaction score
im thrilled....it pulls so hard up top its crazy

Hey man I am the guy in the red coyote that you smoked your first couple of passes at shadyside your car is fast my man. Me and buddy was talking about what you could have done to that thing then I found this thread lol. Do you go to shadyside often where do you live? I don't have many track/mustang buddies lol that's why I am asking so many questions.:beer:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Hey man I am the guy in the red coyote that you smoked your first couple of passes at shadyside your car is fast my man. Me and buddy was talking about what you could have done to that thing then I found this thread lol. Do you go to shadyside often where do you live? I don't have many track/mustang buddies lol that's why I am asking so many questions.:beer:

I live in Morganton nc and yes I do go there often. it'd def be cool to hang down there with some s197 brethren. I believe I run u my first two passes of the day....the car was on motor with out the nitrous for those runs.....then I turned the bottle on and it was bad for that poor black z06 :popcorneat:

Jday14

Reaction score
Lol that zo6 looked like he was sitting still! I am currently trying to round up a set of 15 inch rims I got a set of slicks whenever I get some wheels I am going to head back down and see what she will run with some traction and actually being able to launch it! Should see some mid to high 7's then going to be saving for a plate kit. Did you see the dark red fox stand straight up that thing was nasty?!

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
I did..it looked sick. Your car will run really good then:beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back