the cause of #8

DCS

Reaction score
I guess you couldn't read it in my earlier post but, here it goes again, I only said "no" tune because: There are trolls from FORD looking at all the shit we write, and my car was still at the dealership. Wow some people are idiots:idea:.
And some people are liars.

You didn't have to lie. You didn't have to tell any story on-line at all, but you just couldn't keep from flapping your gums and spewing lie after lie, wherever you could, swearing up and down it was the truth.

Some people ARE idiots - anyone that gives you any credibility, for instance.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
And some people are liars.

You didn't have to lie. You didn't have to tell any story on-line at all, but you just couldn't keep from flapping your gums and spewing lie after lie, wherever you could, swearing up and down it was the truth.

Some people ARE idiots - anyone that gives you any credibility, for instance.
Although I do find it intriguing how Ford hunted him down online to find info about him getting a tune and copy&pasted it and attached it to his work order.
I would like to know how they found him period. Its not like they ask you for online screen names you use when you buy the car.

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
Although I do find it intriguing how Ford hunted him down online to find info about him getting a tune and copy&pasted it and attached it to his work order.
I would like to know how they found him period. Its not like they ask you for online screen names you use when you buy the car.

Its not hard to figure out. Ford sees somebody post about a blown up engine, looks for the location, then checks around dealers around that location for someone who has a blown up engine sitting at a dealer. Then search the screen name on the forum(s) for all posts and see what was done to the car. Plus look in their signature too..

Or maybe someone on the forum just doesnt like him/her and forwarded the info to Ford.

If I was worried about warranty I sure wouldnt be posting mods, track times, car color, build dates or location on forums - its all just a google search away and even if you delete posts the cached pages are usually still there in Google.

S

Steedagus

No it doesn't. This is not an electronic returnless system.

Actually, it does, but you are right that its not electronic returnless, its a mechanical returnless system, similar to older GM's. Fuel pump duty cycle is adjusted to maintain an "inferred" 60psi of fuel pressure.

If you look at Ford Racing's supercharged 5.0L calibrations they try to keep fueling correct by changing the values for fuel rail pressure based on expected boost to maintain the proper fuel rail pressure and fuel calculation.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I agree with Mike. People should not bash others that are trying to find the truth. The only way to find the truth is to search for it. Also there might be more then just timing causing it. Also if this is true did theyknow about the issue from the beginning or after a few that went out and blew up even stock? Also what about other ford techs saying its from doing the global spark thingie?

Those of us without a 5.0 doesn't make us useless in trying to find an answer. Some might plan to buy one in the future and want heads -up

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
[RANT] Just remember this too--and this goes for several of you who gave me and others shit trying to help you. Just because some of us don't have 5.0s and have 4.6s doesn't mean we don't know jack shit about these cars, and we don't appreciate some of the attitudes we get sometimes when we fucking try to help out. Ford doesn't know everything either. They can't even help me figure out how to reprogram my goddamn moonroof on my new 2011 MKS to open fully when letting the windows down like it did on my less fancier 2007 MKZ!

That said, take everything on here I have tried to help with a grain of salt. If it helps great, if it doesn't I apologize. I can gurantee you this--no one wants to see these cars break like this and we all want to help figure out the problem. You can take that to the bank.

Tech is knowledge and ideas put together to make something happen or to understand a problem. You will not find a better technical area that where you are right now.

Some of you may or may not know me, but I am one fuckin helluva problem solver, if I do say so myself. I do it for a living. I help make over 100 million 45 nanometer transistors work on a piece of silicon smaller than your thumbnail. The very first thing I do in problem solving is NEVER assume it can't be X. You are just asking to be bit in the ass if you do! Look into all ideas and see which ones fit the scenario best; there may be a combination of causes instead of a single silver bullet root cause. BTW, system problems don't have single root causes. Now I have said my piece, so...[/RANT]

I'd be looking into this "green technology" that Ford has put into play with the Aggressive Deceleration Fuel Shut-Off (ADFSO), because from what I have read on this issue, it sounds like a lot of them are blowing when you lift off the gas.

There is a section of code in the PCM that controlls this ADFSO and I wonder if the tuners are not aware of this. That is why I made the comment: Ever see a circle track race car toast a piston when it runs out of fuel? The fucking piston(s) melt and break because they have no gasoline to cool them!

I remember an old Ford car I had back in the 80s that had a "throttle body injection" system on it. When you would rev it up you could see the fuel spray obviously. However when you let off the gas and let the engine decel, it didn't completely turn off the gas. It would spit ever so slightly in pulses to prevent total fuel starvation.

HTH

Mike
That's very interesting about the ADFSO. I have read that our cars (2011) have a feature simular to this, if not the same. As stated to what I read (somewhere?), while coasting/deceleration, fuel is cut off so fuel is not needlessly wasted. Don't know if it is completely shut off or still puts some gas through while coasting/deceleration. Now, I will have to find what I read.

I agree with Mike. People should not bash others that are trying to find the truth. The only way to find the truth is to search for it. Also there might be more then just timing causing it. Also if this is true did theyknow about the issue from the beginning or after a few that went out and blew up even stock? Also what about other ford techs saying its from doing the global spark thingie?

Those of us without a 5.0 doesn't make us useless in trying to find an answer. Some might plan to buy one in the future and want heads -up
I have not read anywhere that a stock GT has had this problem as of yet. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened as not everybody posts these things on forums.

19cobra99

Reaction score

Funny thing is that this post was dated prior to me even owning the 2011, and Sniper doesn't even offer software for the 2011.

19cobra99

Reaction score

In reality they did ask me, well kind of. When I, and I'm sure most of you also, bought my car, I had to give them an email address for "Sync". Also if you google my email the first dam thing that comes up is that fucking Sniper post. Easy enough :thud:

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
As for the AFDSO thing, it makes sense...I have an Aeroforce Interceptor hooked up to my car and as soon as I let off the gas and let it engine break the thing reads AFR all the way at 29.99.

Cruising I'm in the 14's and WOT in the low 12's

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
In reality they did ask me, well kind of. When I, and I'm sure most of you also, bought my car, I had to give them an email address for "Sync". Also if you google my email the first dam thing that comes up is that fucking Sniper post. Easy enough :thud:

Thanks to the Internet we are all fucked.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As for the AFDSO thing, it makes sense...I have an Aeroforce Interceptor hooked up to my car and as soon as I let off the gas and let it engine break the thing reads AFR all the way at 29.99.

Cruising I'm in the 14's and WOT in the low 12's

Do you have an older car you can test? What I would be interested in is how fast an older car goes lean versus one with AFDSO.

Mike

2011Katy5.0

Reaction score

I actually had this issue in Houston. I had to have the clutch rebuilt due to the factor defect and they were giving me a hard time becuase of my mods and racing. They said that they found alll the information from my local clubs website becuase they found me by looking at that site. I have the clubs sticker on my car. So...Guess what is being removed. Can't rep anymore it seems.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back