The Chevy Killer is down...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Till the new year anyway. I'll pick it up in a couple weeks after the holidays. I've been beating on this thing for 11 months straight now so I sent it to Adam's to get freshened up. Tearing down the motor and giving it a spring cleaning and while I'm at it, Im having my trans torn down too and inspected and freshened up as well.

I will have Adam's new KB manifold on the car when I get it back so that's a nice bonus.

Back at the track after the new year!:onfire:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow.... was the car showing any signs of trouble?

guess you'll be even faster huh!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So does this mean we're not getting video of Ken getting your fastest Daily driver title? LOL was is showing signs of trouble?

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Not trying to highjack, But I'm down as of today (14 Dec 07) also. Drop the old lady off at the airport, get over half way home and she calling saying she miss the flight and drop her cell phone in the car. I turn around so that she would have her cell phone. then way home, less than one mile from home I feel the trans slip and lagged going into gear. Then I notice the O/D light flashing, hit the O/D button and nothing. Car started having a hard time driving, so I pull over and turn off engine. Start it back up and the O/D light stopped flashing. Connected my Diablo and the codes read P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect, P0745 Pressure Control, P1000 OBD System Reading.
This couldn't have happen at a worst time. Looks like the car is going to sit in the garage for a very, very, very long time. :furious:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not trying to highjack, But I'm down as of today (14 Dec 07) also. Drop the old lady off at the airport, get over half way home and she calling saying she miss the flight and drop her cell phone in the car. I turn around so that she would have her cell phone. then way home, less than one mile from home I feel the trans slip and lagged going into gear. Then I notice the O/D light flashing, hit the O/D button and nothing. Car started having a hard time driving, so I pull over and turn off engine. Start it back up and the O/D light stopped flashing. Connected my Diablo and the codes read P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect, P0745 Pressure Control, P1000 OBD System Reading.
This couldn't have happen at a worst time. Looks like the car is going to sit in the garage for a very, very, very long time. :furious:

I'm sorry to hear that! Best of luck fixing it!

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Till the new year anyway. I'll pick it up in a couple weeks after the holidays. I've been beating on this thing for 11 months straight now so I sent it to Adam's to get freshened up. Tearing down the motor and giving it a spring cleaning and while I'm at it, Im having my trans torn down too and inspected and freshened up as well.

I will have Adam's new KB manifold on the car when I get it back so that's a nice bonus.

Back at the track after the new year!:onfire:
Did you lose the head gasket? You started of strong and then.....:thud:

Adam's new manifold is pretty sweet, the redfire pony in his shop is sporting the very first one:leghump:

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you lose the head gasket? You started of strong and then.....:thud:

Adam's new manifold is pretty sweet, the redfire pony in his shop is sporting the very first one:leghump:
I saw your car in the shop. those valve covers look great with that manifold.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back