Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
This is what happens

390.jpg

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
If you actually look hard, you can tell theres hardly any clear coat. I would say a thicker layer of some high quality/high temp clear would do the trick. Mine were warranteed because of the pitting. But unfortunatly no one had anymore of the 20's. So I was SOL

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
Crap, have to talk to my brother today, see if it can be done with the tires on already

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, CS69 did the same thing on the lip area. Is there no way of buffer out or possibly using a clay bar since they are clear coated...somewhat at least?

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
^ the problem is it actually pits through the clear coat. That's on the metal. My old cobra rims on my 00 did the same. Just gotta take good care of your wheels like your paint.

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah Shane361 I luv these wheels and said if I got one of these cars I had to have the wheels, well I got the car and now I have the wheels. And yes that's snow,(silentscope not a word about snow lol) I don't get to use the car much.
Stang613 thanks and thats how the car comes set up from Shelby

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Its lowered 1.5" on FRPP springs and struts.

And that stuff they call snow, well the closest I get to that is the ice in my cooler when I take beer to the beach in January.

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice man.

The dealership added $1500 to my trade in (if I get a new car) if I keep the wheels on it. I only paid $1000 w/ tires + $350 for the next set of tires. lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back