The OFFICIAL Dread53 Wiring Thread (Way, Way Long)

Boozshey

Reaction score
^^ Which is what I will do and paired with the Supershaker, the bay will be CLEAN!!! :)

I love wire tucks. Makes it look so clean.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^ I can hear the mental gears grinding into action again, Freddie.....

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
So the re-route takes the main harness from the back of the engine and connects to the pcm/bec from up front, instead of running that massive clump from back-to-front across the valve cover? And overall, the harness now runs from front to back, from the pcm to its connectors, instead of back of the engine compartment-frontwards.
Interesting cleanup!

But your statement has me a little confused: "These wires were long enough, after removing the common and IMRC wires, that I could rewrap and run them along the frame to the back of the engine"

If things are front-fed, what's in the back, other than the tranny/O2 wires? What's run 'along the frame'?

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It had been awhile and I had forgotten, but there aren't any commons that run around the back other than the IMRC power wire, which also runs down to the EGO's. I think Jason pointed that out after I did the write up. Everything does run around the back in the original configuration so you do need to at least separate them out to move the trans harness lower and out of the way 'along the frame' .

In terms of redoing my setup - I'd have to be home for more than 3 days at a time in any given 3 month period. That, and the work on the house is more important right now.

memphisstylee

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. I think I like it better than mine.

haha thanks for the compliment dread! But the thing mine lacks that yours has is upgrades lol.. one day.. one day. And ill agree with you that it made the whole project a whole lot easier removing the looming and splitting the harnesses apart. The hardest part for me was figuring out where I was going to mount everything. Then it was just all tedious soldering after that lol

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Heres the end results of about 16 hours worth of rewiring.

Last edited:

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Looks great ! I would like to do this someday .

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I could do a plug and play since it needs to be done on / in the car to get all the lengths correct. Doing it the other way might give a bit more 'wiggle' room as the harness goes out of sight under the fenderwell.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I don't know that I could do a plug and play since it needs to be done on / in the car to get all the lengths correct. Doing it the other way might give a bit more 'wiggle' room as the harness goes out of sight under the fenderwell.

Now THAT would be worth some coin ...... :2cents:

Back