The PIC WHORE CLUB!!! Knock before you Enter!!!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
nkcsikD.jpg

DUHLnE1.jpg

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Well I sold the Saleen last week and I bucked the trend. I did not get an S550, although would have loved to. Went a little less expensive than a new 15/16.

dbo8k9.jpg

I love that color! Not gonna lie, I have been contemplating trading for a C6 for a while, but most folks that I have talked to that have had both a Corvette and a Mustang actually prefer the Stang, especially if it's a DD.

It's a compulsive need for wheel hop after you realize you're closer to death than birth.

OK, that was funny!

Took a few pictures this am with new wheels. I plan on having them painted but for now....

http://s137.photobucket.com/user/91...oads/2015-10-06 08.08.12_zpss2t4lzgg.png.html

OK, just when I thought your car couldn't get any hotter, you go and pull this! What brand/model are those wheels and what are the specs?

04DarkShadowGT

forum member
Reaction score
I love that color! Not gonna lie, I have been contemplating trading for a C6 for a while, but most folks that I have talked to that have had both a Corvette and a Mustang actually prefer the Stang, especially if it's a DD.

If I only had one car, there is no question the mustang would be a better option for me. The two seat Corvette would not work since I have a wife and one kid. I have done the mustang daily driver thing before and I had no problem with it. I could not as easily do that with the Corvette. This is not a DD for me, it is a nice weather errand runner or weekend toy.

It is hard to compare the two cars though. They are so different. I think the Corvette seems to be a better built car than the S197 cars I have had from the same age range. I have no squeeks, rattles, pops, or any noises. I can not say that with the 05 Convertible, 07 Coupe, or 06 Saleen I had.

The corvette is not going to win any interior design awards, it is very mid 2000s GM. I am fine with that. I have plenty of room, seats are comfortable, and the ride is firm but not harsh.

Mustang parts are so much cheaper though. It is highway robbery what they charge you for Corvette stuff. It is also criminal how quiet a stock C6 is. It is a performance car, it should have more exhaust tone than a Tahoe.

My car was right at 20K. It is an 05 with 55K on it, every option available that year. I am happy with it versus my Saleen. I would take a S550 over a similarly priced newer C6 in a second. It was just out of budget.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks I've been wanting some of these for awhile now and got lucky. Picked up a set this weekend found some tires quickly too (rear tires are a bit stretched will have to source some 295) but I like it...little different look than the sve wheels. Offers a little more modern feel imo...compared to the smaller 19"

which ones are those?
I want to do a set on concave 5 spoke next spring, they all seem to have subtle differences, I dont want to pay vossen prices but want bright silver

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
which ones are those?

I want to do a set on concave 5 spoke next spring, they all seem to have subtle differences, I dont want to pay vossen prices but want bright silver

MMD makes a set. But the closest to vossens design is these DF5s and STRs model. DF5s are cheaper and come in silver. This set was custom coated at Prince Wheel in a light shadow chrome coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks John!:cheersman:

I can't get NOTHING past you guys!!!!!:beatdown: TOTALED!!!!!:laughlots:

I have to say, as much shit as we give Darren, I'm really proud to "know" him. The core of owning an enthusiast car is personalization, whether it be in favor of the majority or not. Darren is doing what he likes (with however many cars he likes) and takes all of the razzing in stride. Hell he usually finds a way to make it funnier. Cheers to the Hard Park Master! :cheersman:

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
MMD makes a set. But the closest to vossens design is these DF5s and STRs model. DF5s are cheaper and come in silver. This set was custom coated at Prince Wheel in a light shadow chrome coating.

What he said....lol...

Thanks again...love the new look. Now to decide what color. Im going to dip them first to see what I like.

Also the df5 is basically produced by wheel replicas, you can go to their site if late model is out of stock. It appears to be the same wheel.

Im m ot a big fan of the mmd version and dont have the cash for vossen, however I have seen a few sets on local cl in the past few months at a reasonable price.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. Those look familiar. Looking good.

Thanks again. ...

Couldn't have ask for it to worked out any better for me. They fit well, look good and now just got to decide wether to stay with the color they are or something different

By the way...lol

My son is still talking about your neighbors dog...lol.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
OK, just when I thought your car couldn't get any hotter, you go and pull this! What brand/model are those wheels and what are the specs?

Thanks...really liking this look myself. ..actually wanted these first before my sve but they were out of stock when I purchased and no definite time on when they would be available.

Jinx hooked me with his old set, they are the df5 from late model restoration 20x8.5 fronts and 20x10 rear

The tires I found local too...they are the summito htz III 201450-150hp/40/20 Fronts fit good actually, and 275/35/20 rears. Little stretched on the 10" wheel but work for now. Not the desired tires I wanted but for the price couldn't pass them up to get me rolling. Found the tires on cl for $250 for the set..with 95/85% tread

Im thinking of dipping them to see how black looks since thats the color theme of the car. But I do like the silver and I have the sve wheels still that are already black.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I have to say, as much shit as we give Darren, I'm really proud to "know" him. The core of owning an enthusiast car is personalization, whether it be in favor of the majority or not. Darren is doing what he likes (with however many cars he likes) and takes all of the razzing in stride. Hell he usually finds a way to make it funnier. Cheers to the Hard Park Master! :cheersman:

Thanks bro!~ It's all in fun! :waytogo:

91svtcoupe said:
now just got to decide wether to stay with the color they are or something different

I think the car looks amazing just like it is. You nailed it with the color and the design of those wheels. You can see the car and the wheels are JUST THE RIGHT COLOR to your eyes are drawn to them as well. PERFECT COMBO imo. I'd leave it alone if it were me.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Some pics from a local meet this past weekend.

630323be8c2d68c3b0a64930c06170ac.jpg

My car came with those same wheels. I rarely see another white one, let alone a lowered white one with them on there. Looks pretty good!

5tangiac.0

forum member
Reaction score
My car came with those same wheels. I rarely see another white one, let alone a lowered white one with them on there. Looks pretty good!

Thank you. I just wish they were wider out back to get some more tire on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back