The PIC WHORE CLUB!!! Knock before you Enter!!!

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Future owner is a great customer and friend of mine. Last night we spent 2-3 hours driving it all over. He simply asked me to store it in my garage since we are under construction. It's the safest place, out of the way, until it gets flat bedded to the detail shop 30-40 minutes away for paint correction and clear bra.

And you are right, I would normally not drive cars like these. That being said, this one already had 30 miles on, coming off the truck.

Cam, you've gotten a decent amount of seat time in these cars. I'm curious. Is the handling light years better than the S197s? How does this car compare to the Boss's and GT500's handling? Thanks.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
First off, I love the S197 and I place it ahead of the S550 for the mere fact of styling and I like the interior layout more. For me, I'll try and find any reason to favor it over the new Mustang.

That being said, the GT350 is absolutely stunning. The engine is cool, the Recaro seats are a blast... But the handling is just magnetic, to say the least. It holds onto everything and does it effortlessly. I like my C6z because it's a handling car from the factory, and the GT350 is above it which nearly makes me want to replace it with one.

That being said, my short coming with the car is my distaste of the torque. 8250rpm sound glorious, after doing it many times at Sebring, but unless you plan on tracking this car... Rocking around town with more torque down low is fun. It just feels powerless until 5-6k and after 3k the car is already triggering police departments. Lol.

I did drive this car back-to-back with my Fiances Boss. And while I love how the Boss 302 looks, I can't help but to love how connected the GT350 is with pavement. I don't classify myself as one to really compare track-capable-cars, but it is evident the GT350 is proof of Boss 302 evolution.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I remember one of the videos, about the GT350, where a guy said Ferrari's cranks are about 30 lbs. lighter than the GT350. They said Ford could still lighten it up. I wonder if that would help with lower end torque?

Most reviewers did say the same about the Torque range though. About the time it kicks in, they cops are going to be looking for you.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
That being said, my short coming with the car is my distaste of the torque. 8250rpm sound glorious, after doing it many times at Sebring, but unless you plan on tracking this car... Rocking around town with more torque down low is fun. It just feels powerless until 5-6k and after 3k the car is already triggering police departments. Lol.

Thanks Cam for great reply. What you said above mirrors the feelings I had for my S2000. That car drove like it was on rails, but you could not enjoy its power until it was so high on the rev band that you were "triggering police depts." My supercharged S197 is so much more fun stoplight to stoplight because the torque is more available down low. The GT350 has way more torque than the S2K's little 2 liter could ever muster, but still not being able to use it in everyday driving makes it a less fun car to me. Like you said, the car is built for the track.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First off, I love the S197 and I place it ahead of the S550 for the mere fact of styling and I like the interior layout more. For me, I'll try and find any reason to favor it over the new Mustang.

That being said, the GT350 is absolutely stunning. The engine is cool, the Recaro seats are a blast... But the handling is just magnetic, to say the least. It holds onto everything and does it effortlessly. I like my C6z because it's a handling car from the factory, and the GT350 is above it which nearly makes me want to replace it with one.

I did drive this car back-to-back with my Fiances Boss. And while I love how the Boss 302 looks, I can't help but to love how connected the GT350 is with pavement. I don't classify myself as one to really compare track-capable-cars, but it is evident the GT350 is proof of Boss 302 evolution.
Cam,

Thanks for the excellent review.

I thought from the different reviews I have read that the torque down low in the RPM range would be as you have described.
No big deal if you were racing it but driving it on the street would be a totally different matter.

The reason I like mine is it has instant gobs of torque from down low to high in the rpm range.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Homie up front in the Veloster trying to hide his stiffy in that flannel hoodie.

That dumbass has no idea what he is standing next to... I mean he bought a damn hyundai. He obviously is not a car guy. lol

DO IT!!!! :clap:

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Comfort and handling wise is tempting. But I'm not sold on the looks and I favor the LS7 over the 5.2L.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

lol

Beatnik Fink

forum member
Reaction score
New tires and wheels

AM GT500s in 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear with 255/35/20 front and 305/35/20 rears M/T Street Comps.

Last edited:

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score

Beatnik Fink

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good; but to do 20s right on an S197 you need to lower the car and put an airdam/splitter on the front. Side skirts enhance the look also.

See problem is that I already scrape leaving my driveway. I'd like to do a splitter on the front but I'm afraid of buying one and then just buggering it up leaving the house.:disgust:

Back