The Tale of Alexandria, My Magnetic Metallic S550 GT

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Slight change of the fuel system. I wasn't thinking when I ordered the 80lb injectors, as they are way too much for what I will be running and plan to run even with a built engine. So, I emailed Lund, and told him exactly what I am changing on the car and what setup I want to be running.

My plan is to run E85, most likely just at the track, and run a 100 shot until I get the car dialed in and more seat time with it as I am still fairly inexperienced in drag racing. Once I get comfortable I want to step up to a 200 shot on E85. He told me I would need the LU47 injectors and a fuel pump booster aka BAP.

I ordered the 47lb injectors from American Muscle, since they sell them for $279.95 before our S197Forum discount, compared to Lethal's $359. Unfortunately they don't carry the VMP Fuel Pump Booster so I went over to LMR's website an picked that up for $330 after tax.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Nice build. Going all out huh? Good for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Nice build. Going all out huh? Good for you.

Thanks Ken! Not going all out quite yet, when I start building the engine with a GT350 IM, Comp Cams or custom cams, and worked heads is when I'm going all out N/A :)

For now, I want a 10 second sleeper.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I really shouldn't look at car parts when I'm bored.
I ended up browsing Lethal's website last night and spent more money lol.

I ordered:
-Nitrous Express GenX-2 Kit (I will need to be able to pass tech for races I want to participate in)
-Nitrous Express Digital RPM Window Switch (Lund requires to tune for nitrous)
-BMR Adjustable Poly Motor Mount Kit, BMR-MM007
-ATI Super Damper with Aluminum Hub

I sent Kelly a PM to see if he had any recommendations as to if I should lower the engine when I install the mounts, I'm not sure if lowering the engine helps with drag setups.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I sent Kelly a PM to see if he had any recommendations as to if I should lower the engine when I install the mounts, I'm not sure if lowering the engine helps with drag setups.

That's an interesting thought, though. I wonder if there's any significant effects of lowering the motor - aka - lower center of gravity might help with weight transfer? :hmmm:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
You ordering a roll bar soon? Because at this pace, you're going to need to.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL I'll get one when the track tells me I need one. At that time I will probably pick up Corbeaus and a harness as well.

That new carbon fiber seat from TMI is supposed to be available this Fall.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
That new carbon fiber seat from TMI is supposed to be available this Fall.

That sounds like it will cost me a pretty penny. I'll have to look into it.

When I decide to purchase seats, I will be looking for functionality but also comfort. I'm still going to be driving the car almost daily, take long trips in it, attend shows, and participate in cruises. So I would like a seat that is going to really perform well at the strip but not kill me after sitting in it for an hour.

How much does it weigh?

This.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
It looks like everything I ordered showed up to my Old Man's house, so I can't wait to go on vacation and install some of the parts.

I did make a few pther purchases this past week.

-OEM My Ford Touch with Navigation, HD Radio, and Sat(which wont be used)
-Katzkin Leather Seat and Door Panel kit.
Autumn wrap, Tuscany Storm insert, Autumn stitching.

Yes, I finally made non-performance purchases lol.

-Ford Performance High Volume Clutch Fluid Line, SS and Braided.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Started working on the interior yesterday afternoon.

I completed the full system installation of Ford OEM MyFord Touch with HD Radio, Navigation, and Sirus.

I got halfway on the front seats, I just have the top half of the passenger side to finish then I'll move onto the back seats.

Attachments

• IMG_5480.jpg
    IMG_5480.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5482.jpg
    IMG_5482.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 4

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Where did you obtain an OEM MyFord Touch system from? Looks like it's the whole center stack including the switches? Plug n play? Curious as to why you didn't opt for SYNC3?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Where did you obtain an OEM MyFord Touch system from? Looks like it's the whole center stack including the switches? Plug n play? Curious as to why you didn't opt for SYNC3?
Probably OEMRadio. And sync3 is like 2-3 times the price currently.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score

Woof. Yeah, I'm not surprised. BUT, with the ability for Ford to retro-upgrade SYNC3 systems that didn't come with SYNC Connect, I think it might be worth the extra chili.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score

OEMRadio, everything is plug and play. A guy on M6G puts the kits together with whatever options you want, sources all the parts, and manufactures the harness so no cutting or splicing is required. The bezel is a OEM premium bezel.

Sync 3 would have been about $2,400 compared to the $1,500 for MFT with HD, Nav, and Satellite. I like the look of MFT more too.

Yup.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
OEMRadio, everything is plug and play. A guy on M6G puts the kits together with whatever options you want, sources all the parts, and manufactures the harness so no cutting or splicing is required. The bezel is a OEM premium bezel.

Sync 3 would have been about $2,400 compared to the $1,500 for MFT with HD, Nav, and Satellite. I like the look of MFT more too.

So the NAV isn't SD Card based? I've been eye-balling the Raxiom Kit. Seems to have gotten a good amount of 5 star reviews.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
So the NAV isn't SD Card based? I've been eye-balling the Raxiom Kit. Seems to have gotten a good amount of 5 star reviews.

It is, the module gets swapped out, the one that is in the center console box. I'll take some detailed pictures for you later this week bro.
The Raxiom kit is good and very budget friendly.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
It is, the module gets swapped out, the one that is in the center console box. I'll take some detailed pictures for you later this week bro.
The Raxiom kit is good and very budget friendly.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Yeah, he just quoted my $2,300 without HD Radio or Sat Radio. Woof.

I'd be sitting on Velgens with money to spare for that amount. haha.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Yeah, he just quoted my $2,300 without HD Radio or Sat Radio. Woof.

I'd be sitting on Velgens with money to spare for that amount. haha.
Raxiom

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back