Things that EFF with your head

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I go out and start my car the day before yesterday and there was this metalic rattling sound, initally I thought it may be muffler guts, so I go back and kick the tailpipes and no sound. I open the hood andstart the car and it sounded like the noise wa coming from the rear of the engine. Having just had the trans replaced I think "damn that sounds like the t/c has come loose from the flex plate. I mean it is reakin loud. The wierd thing about it is once the car warms up it stops.

I go over to my mechanis shop and sit around a few hours to let the car cool off. Wehn I got there they put the car on the lift so when I started it they could be under it to see what was happening.

Well be ing the clowns they are (I was in the car up on the lift) they tell me the trans is no good. Of course I start freaking out......after they had their laugh they said it was an O2 sensor that had come loose. When the car warmed up the O2 sensor expanded and was tight....... I guess the LT's amplified the rattling. Things that fuck with your head

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bet you about shit yourself after all you have gone through. What trans did you go with?

Its just a salvage yard 5R55 that I found for $750, it had 29k miles on it. I am waiting for a law suit settlement and will have my original trans rebuilt with a Level 10 rebuild kit that will beef it up with an extra clutch(s) and other stuff.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Its just a salvage yard 5R55 that I found for $750, it had 29k miles on it. I am waiting for a law suit settlement and will have my original trans rebuilt with a Level 10 rebuild kit that will beef it up with an extra clutch(s) and other stuff.

Sounds good Terry, maybe you will get a blower as well when that time comes around?!

:thumb2:

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds good Terry, maybe you will get a blower as well when that time comes around?!

:thumb2:

You can bet your sweet ass I'll bet sitting on my $$$ till a good deal comes along and I will then JUMP on it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back